Polites family feud over estate intensifies as more grandsons join legal battle

·

The legal dispute over the estate of late South Australian matriarch Florence Gemenis Polites has taken a new turn, with her twin grandsons Marcus and Alex Polites joining the battle to challenge her 1999 will.

The twins, property developers based in Queensland, revealed their intent to contest the multimillion-dollar estate before a new law changes this week, despite previously claiming they had no plans to do so.

The dispute centres on the will of Florence Polites, who passed away at 102 in March. Her grandson, Markas Salkanovic, 54, is already involved in a bitter Supreme Court case seeking a larger share of the estate, which includes significant assets such as shares in the family’s property empire.

Salkanovic, a convicted attempted drug importer, has been estranged from parts of his family and faces accusations of causing family strife.

Alex Polites.

The court learned that Marcus and Alex, the sons of property tycoon George Polites, had instructed lawyers to file a claim, with the twins stating that “circumstances have changed.” However, it is unclear what they seek from the estate under the Inheritance (Family Provision) Act.

The estate, which has not yet been granted probate, reportedly has assets worth at least $1.5 million, but also faces debts exceeding $4.4 million.

The ongoing dispute also involves George, who is challenging the appointment of estate administrator Sarah Hooper, arguing the process lacks transparency and could expose confidential family business details.

A hearing next month will determine whether the temporary suspension of Hooper’s powers will be extended.

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Helping Heidi reclaim her life from Stage 4 endometriosis

Heidi S thought she was coping.For years, she endured heavy bleeding, clots, anaemia, and crippling pain. She pushed through.

Jacquelene Tsovolos: Honouring the past to build the Cypriot youth of tomorrow

When Jacquelene Tsovolos thinks about identity, she thinks of “the stories you’re handed down before you’re old enough to understand.”

SA Labor pledges $200,000 to Hellenic Studies Foundation scholarship program

SA Labor has committed $200,000 to establish a new scholarship program honouring the Very Reverend Father Diogenis Patsouris OAM.

Roselands set for $55 million redevelopment to modernise Sydney mall

Roselands, one of Sydney’s oldest shopping centres, is set for a $55 million upgrade under a HomeCo proposal lodged.

Mitsotakis looks to expand Greece-India cooperation at AI summit

Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis said he aims to give the Greece-India strategic partnership a “significant boost” during a visit to India.

You May Also Like

Tribute artist Peter Triantis says Elvis hasn’t left the building

Tribute artist Peter Triantis says Elvis hasn't left the building. He shares his journey to becoming Elvis with The Greek Herald.

Modern Greek and more: Discover Kingsgrove North High School at Open Night 2026

Families across Sydney’s south-west are invited to discover Kingsgrove North High School at its Open Night 2026 on Tuesday, February 24.

Olympic gold medallist Michael Diamond fails to get 10-year gun licence ban overturned

Two-time Olympic shooting gold medallist Michael Diamond has failed in his bid to get a 10-year gun licence ban overturned.