Patricia Karvelas pushes to ‘ban the boo’ at sports games

·

Have you ever gone to watch your favourite sporting team play, and then suddenly, one thing goes wrong and the crowd start to “boo” the team?

ABC Radio National host Patricia Karvelas recently shared on her program an experience she had last year while she was watching her favourite AFL team Collingwood.

During the football match, people in the stands started yelling out “boo,” much to Karvelas’ dismay.

The journalist told her listeners that she can’t stand anyone booing at the footy, and when she hears it, she calls it out.

Patricia Karvelas
Patricia Karvelas at the Collingwood game last year. Photo: ABC News.

“Look, I’ve actually been at a Collingwood game where Collingwood supporters, who I know are very contentious people, were booing the opposition, so to speak, and I did tell them not to boo,” she said.

“That’s how serious I am about it. I said, ‘not cool.’ “[It] didn’t make me very popular.”

After sharing this story, Karvelas was flooded with positive messages of support towards her anti-booing stance.

Despite boo-ing being allowed, Karvelas remains firm on her stance to ban the boo.

Source: ABC News.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

SBS World News highlights The Greek Herald’s 100-year legacy

Australia’s multicultural media landscape has turned its attention to SBS News, which this week aired a feature on The Greek Herald.

Greek and Australian Ambassadors honour shared ANZAC and Cretan legacy

The Ambassador of Greece to Australia and the Ambassador of Australia to Greece have issued commemorative messages.

Cretan Federation leaders honour Battle of Crete legacy on 85th anniversary

Leaders of the Cretan Federation of Australia and NZ have issued commemorative messages marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Tracking ANZACs from Australia to Crete through art

An artist-driven exhibition retracing the path of ANZAC forces during the World War II campaigns in Greece and Crete will open this month.

History, memory and geopolitics explored in Dean Kalimniou’s Pontus lecture

The Greek Community of Melbourne’s History and Culture Seminar Series continued on Tuesday evening with a deeply engaging lecture.

You May Also Like

Victoria launches $4.6m fuel task force as shortages deepen amid global tensions

The Victorian government has announced a $4.6 million fuel inspector task force as supply shortages worsen.

Karagiannis family faces ongoing battle after mould forces 13 moves in a year

The Karagiannis family – Panagiota, Athanasios, and their daughters Athena, 6, and Iris, 3 – have endured a year of upheaval.

Commemorative cocktail party held in Sydney to mark Battle of Crete anniversary

The Cretan Association of Sydney & New South Wales held a commemorative Cocktail Party on Friday to mark the Battle of Crete.