NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced new restrictions for four local government areas (LGAs) in Sydney and extended the existing COVID-19 restrictions in NSW by a week.
NSW Health has recorded 22 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 since the NSW government gave its most recent update yesterday.
11 of the 22 new cases were recorded today, with the Bondi cluster growing to 65 cases.
Stay-at-home orders will be in place for the Woollahra, Waverley, City of Sydney, and Randwick local government areas (LGAs) from tonight until 12:01am on Saturday, July 3.
Anybody who lives, or has worked in these four LGAs in the past two weeks, may only leave their home for essential reasons.
These reasons include:
- Medical care or compassionate needs.
- Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer.
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
- If you need to buy essential goods or services.
- Visitors to households will be limited to five guests – including children.
All existing restrictions in NSW will also be extended until 12:01am on Saturday, July 3.
Ikaria in Bondi Beach has been added to NSW Health’s list of close contact exposure sites. NSW Health is urging all of those who attended to self-isolate for 14 days.