Mark Bouris opens up about being targeted by online stalker

·

Mark Bouris, one of Australia’s most prominent businessmen, has shared his experience of being targeted by an online stalker who even showed up at his home.

Speaking out for the first time about this troubling incident, Bouris is lending his voice to Unplug24, an initiative encouraging Australians to take a break from social media today, October 24.

Joining him in this 24-hour online boycott are well-known figures such as singer Jessica Mauboy, Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou, and fitness experts Michelle Bridges and Sam Wood.

The founder of Wizard and Yellow Brick Road, as well as the former “CEO” of Celebrity Apprentice Australia, Bouris told News Corp: “I have been the target on Twitter, before it was X, of stalking.”

Photo: SkyNews.

“I had one person turn up to my home three or four years ago. I had to call the police. The person was incoherent,” Bouris said.

“They had (initially) come to me on social media. They tried to connect through Twitter. It was a barrage… Then they said they had seen me at a yoga class.

“It got out of hand. Some people might have been really alarmed… I had to get the authorities involved. Then it just stopped.

“I didn’t feel particularly threatened, but that’s probably just my personality. I can imagine that many people would feel unsafe.”

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Crown Resorts director Andrew Demetriou resigns from board

Mr Demetriou said it had been an "honour" to serve on the Crown board and had confidence a licence for the new casino would eventually be granted.

Second gold and new record for Marios Bilas at the European Swimming Championships

After Stergios-Marios Bilas’s gold medal win in the 50m freestyle, the Greek swimmer also took first place in the 50m butterfly.

Greece rejects Turkish Foreign Minister’s claims on minority rights and Cyprus

Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan stirred controversy on Saturday, June 21, with remarks about Thrace, the Dodecanese, and Cyprus.