Mario Christodoulou to executive produce ABC’s Media Watch

·

Award-winning investigative reporter Mario Christodoulou will become executive producer on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s Media Watch program. He is replacing Tim Latham.

Christodoulou has previously worked as a researcher at ABC‘s Four Corners, after writing as a cadet reporter for Fairfax suburban newspapers in Sydney’s west.

In 2008, Christodoulou won a Walkley for his coverage of the Wollongong council corruption scandal, before moving to the UK to work as a finance journalist. In 2014, he won the Gold Walkley together with Adele Ferguson and Deb Masters, and later in 2016, won the Walkley Business and Investigative Award alongside Ferguson and Klaus Toft.

linton besser
Linton Besser is Media Watch’s new host.

Christodoulou will work alongside Media Watch’s new host, investigative reporter and former foreign correspondent Linton Besser.

Besser will take over the Monday night media program from Paul Barry, who will step down on December 2 after 11 years.

“Mario is a really formidable journalist,” Besser told The Guardian. “I’ve worked with him on a couple of things and, you know, he’s one of these super brains walking around on legs.”

Besser and Christodoulou said they are not planning to concentrate on major investigations in a 15-minute program.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Drew Pavlou claims ‘Billie Eilish got me deported from the US’

Australian activist Drew Pavlou says he was deported from the United States after spending 30 hours at LA International Airport.

South Melbourne FC and Heidelberg United FC off to winning starts in NPL Victoria

South Melbourne FC and Heidelberg United FC opened the new Victorian National Premier League season with wins.

George Calombaris returns to Melbourne with Auto Greek pop-up

George Calombaris is returning to Melbourne’s hospitality scene with Auto Greek, a one-month pop-up opening February 27.

Luke Sparos named as alleged mastermind of Moradian gangland murder

Luke Sparos has been identified as the man police allege orchestrated the 2023 execution-style killing of underworld figure Alen Moradian.

Sydney Olympic FC five-star display crushes SD Raiders FC

Sydney Olympic produced a commanding 5-1 victory over newly promoted SD Raiders FC in Round 2 of the NPL Men’s NSW.

You May Also Like

Blackfriars dux Luke Tsavdaridis tops SA with perfect ATAR of 99.95

Blackfriars dux Luke Tsavdaridis has achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95, placing him among South Australia’s top Year 12 students for 2025.

‘Terrible thing to happen’: Greek Australian family reflects on shocking funeral mix up

“It shouldn’t happen to anyone,” said Bill Nicolopoulos in an interview.

Two men face SA court over alleged murder of Bill Frangos

Two men accused of murdering Adelaide resident Bill Frangos and setting fire to his home to destroy evidence have faced court.