‘I’m not going anywhere’: Ada Nicodemou ahead of 2023 Logie Awards

·

Ada Nicodemou is a finalist in this year’s Silver Logie category for Most Popular Actress and she has expressed her hopes the award goes to Home and Away co-star Lynne McGranger, at The 63rd Annual TV Week Logie Awards on Sunday, July 30 in Sydney.

The actress is nominated alongside not one but two of her co-stars and long-time friends, Emily Symons and McGranger.

This will be Nicodemou’s seventh nomination for one of the coveted awards, but the actress says McGranger, who has been playing Irene Roberts in Home and Away since 1993, deserves the award.

“I really want Lynne [McGranger] to win,” Nicodemou tells WHO in an intimate interview about her two decade journey on the Channel 7 television show.

“She is the longest-serving female star of the show and can you believe this is her first time being nominated?”

Ada Nicodemou (L), Emily Symons (middle) and Lynne McGranger (R). Photo: Dominic Lorrimer.

Nicodemou, 46, Symons, 53, and McGranger, 70 have been long-standing friends for more than two decades and share a “very tight bond.”

“There is a great sense of community. It’s like your happy place,” Nicodemou told Sydney Morning Herald. “We have also gone through a lot of life stages together.”

McGranger added: “With the women on Home and Away, we have a very tight bond. We have our ups and downs, but we are there for each other, and we support each other.”

Nicodemou added that 20 years ago, the show “didn’t get the respect” it has now.

“We’ve got a seat at the table, and I like that,” she said.

Home and Away star, Ada Nicodemou, has been on the Australian TV show since 2000.

In 2000, Nicodemou joined Home and Away as the character Leah, when she was 22 years old. She was originally meant to play the role for only six months. The Greek-Cypriot is currently the third longest actor in an Australian TV soap opera.

The now-46-year-old tells WHO she’s “not going anywhere!”

“I’ll stay as long as they’ll have me. I love the people I work with so much. I look forward to working every day. It sounds corny, but the cast and crew are really like one big happy family,” she said.

The Logies are set to return to Sydney after 37 years, with the last time dating back to 1986. It will be hosted by Sam Pang. The awards have been previously held in Melbourne, and for the last three years on the Gold Coast.

Source: WHO and The Sydney Morning Herald.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

‘Xristos Anesti’ rings out across Australia as Greek communities mark Orthodox Easter

From midnight masses to breaking Lent with a traditional mageritsa, Greek Orthodox Easter this year was more special than ever before.

Oakleigh Grammar students shine at annual Techné 2025 Arts and Design Exhibition

Oakleigh Grammar hosted its annual Arts and Design Exhibition, Techné 2025, celebrating the creativity, innovation, and talent of students.

Nick Giannopoulos confirms Wog Boy 3 is currently filming in Melbourne

The original Wog Boy, Nick Giannopoulos, has confirmed to A Current Affair and on social media, that Wog Boy 3 is in the works.