Fugitive bikie boss Mark Buddle asked to pay bribes to stay in northern Cyprus

·

Fugitive Comanchero bikie boss, Mark Buddle, was asked to pay bribes in the Turkish-occupied northern Cyprus to avoid being deported to Turkey, his lawyer has revealed.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Buddle’s lawyer said the bikie boss paid the bribes to stay on the Mediterranean island and be with his new wife, a local woman known only as Ozge.

But in a surprise raid, police captured Buddle on July 9 and he was deported to the Turkish capital of Ankara, where he is currently being processed before an expected handover to Australia.

In an interview published in a local paper, Buddle is said to have revealed how he was taken by surprise by the raid.

Mark Buddle.

“Seven police came through the window and took me to the police station. I asked them what it was, and they said it was a deport decision about me. They didn’t show any papers. I said I wanted to go to court but I was told that the order came from internal affairs …” the paper attributed to Buddle.

In a recent statement made by the interior ministry of the self-declared republic, it was revealed that Buddle had been staying there since last August, with residence granted due to his “high income.”

However early last week, the republic’s police directorate declared Buddle’s presence was “inconvenient in terms of public peace and security.”

Australian authorities are aware of his recent deportation to Ankara and are working on his extradition.

NSW Shadow Police Minister, Walt Secord, said in a statement that the extradition could be a “lengthy process” but “it will send a strong and clear signal to other gang members that they cannot escape overseas and they will be held to account for their activities in Australia.”

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

PASEKA calls on Australian Government to continue push for territorial integrity of Cyprus

The Pan-Australian Justice for Cyprus Coordinating Committee has commemorated the 47th anniversary of Turkey’s illegal invasion.

Demetrios Bastiras outraged as quarry operation takes over South Australian conservation park

Demetrios Bastiras is outraged as a quarry operation takes over a South Australian conservation park meant for families.

Stefanos Tsitsipas makes comeback to progress to Australian Open second round

Stefanos Tsitsipas overcame the obstacle of Zizou Bergs (5-7, 6-1, 6-1, 6-3) to progress to the second round of the Australian Open today.