Derrimut 24:7 Gym owner Nikolaos Solomos promotes memberships amid ATO wind-up order

·

Four days after the Australian Taxation Office ordered the wind-up of Derrimut 24:7 Gym, owner Nikolaos Solomos appeared in an Instagram video promoting $99 one-year memberships.

The fitness chain continues to market membership deals even as a court prepares to hear the wind-up application, with former customers saying they still have not received refunds after the abrupt closure of the Angle Vale branch last month.

Return to Work SA, Melbourne United Basketball, and Fitness Equipment Pty Ltd are listed as creditors supporting the June 24 Federal Court application.

In a video posted on June 28, a grinning Solomos called the $99 memberships “very exciting news” and said the promotion marked the club’s 15-year anniversary.

The wind-up order follows an earlier Federal Court claim by the ATO alleging Derrimut 24:7 Gym owed over $14.6 million in unpaid taxes.

In June, the tax office filed a Victorian County Court claim against Solomos personally for $11.3 million, covering superannuation, GST, PAYG, and income tax.

Former members report delays in receiving refunds. Josh Charles said he was still chasing about $200, while Jon, 35, has not received approximately $347 after pre-paying for two years of membership. Multiple members reported similar issues on an Angle Vale Facebook group.

The chain had previously promised a Munno Para branch to replace the closed location, but a notice posted on the unopened gym’s doors last week confirmed the tenancy had been terminated due to over $54,000 in unpaid rent.

Landlord Tony Syrianos said the Angle Vale location alone owed around $220,000.

In a subsequent Instagram video, Solomos insisted the chain was “not going anywhere” and described it as “stronger and bigger than we’ve ever been before.”

A court hearing for the wind-up application is scheduled for next week.

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Body image in Greek Australian culture

The report highlighted that an estimated 4.1 million Australians aged 15 and over have experienced body dissatisfaction.

SoulChef Sundays: A taste of tradition with Katiki Cheese Pie

This week, SoulChef presents a lighter, contemporary take on a classic — without sacrificing authenticity or flavour.

Greek as always: Different languages, same ancient soul

We Greeks have always been adventurous people. The Minoans sailed the Mediterranean and traded exotic goods.

Greece secures world’s 2nd best beach for 2026

Greece has earned major international recognition with four of its beaches ranked among the world’s top 20.

First Orthodox cemetery opens in Japan

To support the spiritual needs of the faithful, the parish priest announced plans to relocate a traditional wooden church from Romania.

You May Also Like

New Greek Herald home delivery: All you need to know!

The Greek Herald is moving to a month to month distribution system to deliver newspapers straight to the homes of our readers.

Andrew Pappas awarded Bravery Decoration for preventing sexual assault of pregnant nurse

Andrew Pappas has received a Group Bravery Citation in the 2022 Australian Bravery Decorations for preventing a sexual assault.

Michaela Laki enters the Top 10 junior tennis world rankings for first time

Michaela Laki entered the Top 10 junior tennis world rankings for first time after making it to the quarterfinals of Australian Open Juniors.