Sydney realtor Archie Anastasopoulos jailed for sexual assault of multiple women

·

Former Sydney eastern suburbs real estate agent Archie Anastasopoulos has been sentenced to two years and two months in jail for the sexual assault of multiple women.

According to The Daily Telegraph, 36-year-old Anastasopoulos was sentenced at Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court after pleading guilty to two counts of sexually touching another person without consent, carrying out a sexual act with another person without their consent, exposing oneself in a public place and two counts of stalking or intimidating.

The court heard Anastasopoulos preyed on women as they exited buses on Campbell Parade at Bondi Beach Public School around 2am on three separate days in March 2023.

Anastasopoulos covered one woman’s mouth to stop her from screaming, groping her and attempting to incite intercourse merely days after he was caught on CCTV exposing and touching himself as he followed another woman.

Downing Centre Local Court. Photo: Nikki Short / NCA NewsWire.

A week later, he returned to the same spot with a third woman getting off a bus around 3.30am. CCTV caught Anastasopoulos running after the woman and groping her multiple times before pushing her against a wall as she screamed from fear she was about to be raped. Anastasopoulos covered her mouth before the woman broke free and ran home.

Anastasopoulos was arrested the following day and taken to Waverley police station.

These incidents were described by Magistrate Sean Hughes as a “predatory campaign of identifying and exploiting” young isolated women in the early hours of the morning.

Anastasopoulos’ lawyer Louis Angelovski told the court his client was under a “high level of stress” at the time and was acting “out of character.”

Anastasopoulos will be eligible for release in April next year.

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Heartbreak as Greek duo Anne and Maree eliminated from My Kitchen Rules

My Kitchen Rules viewers were left emotional on Monday night as Greek Australian mother-and-daughter duo Anne and Maree were eliminated.

Greece’s tougher asylum laws receive criticism for “unfair” trial of cases

Of 74,000 asylum seekers arriving in Greece last year, 42,000 remain on five east Aegean islands. Greece said it has begun to enforce fast track procedures...

Adrianos Golemis becomes first Greek to ace ESA astronaut tests

Adrianos Golemis has been named the very first Greek to pass European Space Agency’s test to become an astronaut.