Stavros and Michael Theoharis granted bail after major SA police drug bust

·

Stavros and Michael Theoharis have been granted home detention bail following their arrests in Operation Ironside, the South Australian crackdown targeting alleged drug trafficking networks linked to the AN0M encrypted messaging app.

Stavros, 32, of Paralowie, faces charges including eight counts of large commercial drug trafficking.

Defence lawyers argued the court could have “confidence” in his compliance with bail, citing his role as a self-employed man with a young family. His long-term partner offered a $10,000 surety.

Magistrate John Clover granted bail, noting “there’s a lot on the line for him.”

His brother, Michael, 29, of Paradise, faces 21 trafficking charges, including trafficking in large commercial quantities. Prosecutors alleged he played a role in the “collection and repackaging” of a significant drug supply and operated two AN0M devices.

Despite opposition from prosecutors, Magistrate Clover also approved home detention bail for Michael, on the condition he raise a $10,000 cash surety. He told the accused: “You need a lawyer, and you need one urgently.”

The Theoharis brothers were among 55 South Australians arrested in last week’s Operation Ironside 3.0, which has uncovered what police allege to be one of the state’s largest organised drug-trafficking networks.

Both men will return to court in January.

Source: The Advertiser

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Athenian Association of NSW hosts ‘Rebetiko of Athens’ evening

Athenian Association of NSW hosted a special cultural evening in Lakemba celebrating the history and legacy of Greek rebetiko music.

Australian Hellenic Choir to present tribute concert honouring Giorgos Zambetas

Australian Hellenic Choir will present a tribute concert celebrating the music and legacy of Greek artist Giorgos Zambetas in Sydney.

Chris Christofi honoured in Cyprus for philanthropy

Chris Christofi has received a philanthropy honour in Cyprus, for his charitable work and community impact at the CYDIA Awards 2026.

St Spyridon College marks 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete

St Spyridon College commemorated the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete with a wreath-laying ceremony.

Arthur Diles departs Melbourne Victory after Grand Final season

Melbourne Victory has confirmed the departure of head coach Arthur Diles following the conclusion of his contract.

You May Also Like

Greek FM: Turkey’s moves to ease tensions ‘unconvincing’

“Turkey’s belated moves in recent days to supposedly de-escalate tensions are not convincing.” Dendias said,

Sydney University Greek Society President Kosta Plegas: ‘The Greek culture and language is for all’

For Kosta Plegas, being Greek is more than just drinking your frappe sketo and mastering the flick of a komboloi but a lived connection.

New Greek elections set for June 25 as Parliament dissolved

A Presidential Decree has dissolved the Parliament and officially announced a second national election will be held on June 25 this year.