Adelaide’s last dine-in Pizza Hut closes its doors

·

Adelaide’s last dine-in Pizza Hut at Marion is closing its doors for good tonight, according to The Advertiser.

Franchisee and store manager, Bill Lianos, announced earlier this month that the store would permanently close at the end of June and the community response was heart-warming.

In its final weeks, the store served more than 30,000 pizzas as fans pleaded for it to remain open, but Mr Lianos confirmed that would not be an option.

“It’s just been nostalgic, I guess,” Mr Lianos told The Advertiser. “It’s sad… but moving forward the Pizza Hut brand is expanding big time.”

Pizza Hut at Marion. Picture: Roy VanDerVegt.

“I think long term the brand is moving towards being online and delivery based, it is just really hard to build and maintain a restaurant like this nowadays.”

Mr Lianos has been involved with the Pizza Hut brand for 44 years and took over full-time operation of the Marion store three years ago.

He said he was very grateful for everyone who had made a booking prior to the store’s closure, but more than anything he was thankful for his staff.

There are just 12 remaining dine-in Pizza Hut stores across the country.

READ MORE: Adelaide restaurateur, Stratos Pouras, closes Cork & Cleaver after 43 years.

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Keon Park crowned champions of 2026 Women’s Greek Community Cup

Keon Park SC has been crowned champions of the second Women’s Greek Community Cup, defeating Brunswick City SC 1–0.

Greek women speak: Secrets shared, raw truth revealed at Melbourne’s Greek Centre

At the GCM Greek Centre, silence broke. Greek Women Speak, a symposium by Koraly Dimitriadis, tackled subjects migrant families avoid.

Scholars’ Assembly celebrates academic excellence at St Spyridon College

St Spyridon College held its annual Scholars’ Assembly on the morning of Friday, February 14, celebrating outstanding academic achievement.

Food For Thought Network to hold global online event for International Women’s Day 

The Food For Thought Network (FFTN) has announced a special International Women’s Day online event on 8 March 2026.

From side hustles to sheftalia at the inaugural Cyprus Food and Wine Festival in Melbourne

On a blistering Sunday in Melbourne’s north, the large air-conditioned hall was welcome respite from the outdoor heat.

You May Also Like

US urges EU to abandon protections for feta and other regional products

The United States is ramping up pressure on the European Union to eliminate its system of geographical indications.

No vaccines, no dinner: Greek restaurants accepting only vaccinated customers

Restrictions allowing only people vaccinated against coronavirus to be served at indoor restaurants, bars and cafes went into effect in Greece on Friday.

Leaders of over 50 multicultural communities gather with Federal MP to plan vaccine rollout

A major roundtable was held yesterday involving more than 50 community leaders to discuss how they can partner together in supporting the COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Australia.