What’s a Greek Christmas without roast potatoes? Crunchy, salty roast potatoes are the perfect addition to any food celebration.
Our recipe for the perfect roast potato is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser this Christmas!
- 1kg potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and chop into chunky square pieces.
- Place potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water. Place over the stove and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-9 minutes or until softened at the edges.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil over a baking dish and place in over for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake well to roughen up the edges. The fluffier, the better!
- Transfer potatoes to the baking dish and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown!
- Remove from over, drizzle with some more salt and enjoy!