Nothing beats waking up on a Sunday morning and whipping up a batch of pancakes. The soft, fluffy texture combined with the sweet taste of maple syrup and a side of berries of fresh fruit.
The addition of Greek yoghurt to pancakes not only increase it’s flavour, but makes it a low calorie and low fat breakfast item.
The Food Network have composed an amazing Greek Yogurt Pancake recipe for people to make themselves:
Greek Yogurt Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Cooking spray
1. Whisk the yogurt, eggs, sugar and zest in a large bowl until combined.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and fold into the yogurt mixture until combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour the batter about 1/4 cup at a time, evenly spacing the pancakes, onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until the tops are bubbly and look slightly dry, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip carefully and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with more cooking spray and the remaining batter.
4. Serve the pancakes hot with a side of maple syrup and fresh fruit or berries.
Sourced By: The Food Network