Jon Adgemis to revamp Sydney’s Norfolk hotel with Ricos Tacos

·

Entrepreneur Jon Adgemis has partnered with owner and chef, Toby Wilson, with an announcement Ricos Tacos will be taking over The Norfolk hotel in Redfern, the Public Hospitality Group’s Cleveland street pub.

Last month, Ricos Tacos announced it was closing up at its Chippendale spot. The taco restaurant will be revamped in the new location at The Norfolk.

Mr Adgemis said in a statement, Ricos Tacos will “complete the precinct” by moving to The Norfolk.

“Redfern is an important location for us to invest in further as we have with the success of La Salut” Adgemis said, adding his confidence in partnering with Ricos Tacos.

The Norfolk, Redfern.

Mr Adgemis, Public Chief Executive of the Public Hospitality Group, is on a mission to transform Sydney city’s hospitality and dining experiences and the relocation of Ricos Tacos to The Norfolk, adds to the public groups unfolding portfolio.

The group has also recently partnered with the likes of big-deal chefs and restaurants, recently signing with Automata’s Clayton Wells as creative culinary director and Melbourne’s Guy Grossi for the brand’s first Victorian venue, Puttanesca.

READ MORE: Jon Adgemis purchases Bondi pub for $68 million

Jon Adgemis (L) and Toby Wilson (R). Photo: Broadsheet.

In February, chef Wilson was approached by the expanding hospitality group Public, agreeing to work together within a couple of days of meeting.

“It just made sense for both of us,” Mr Wilson tells The Sydney Morning Herald in an interview.

The Norfolk’s upstairs bar will become Club Ricos, a lounge inspired by Mexican sports bars of the 1960s and is set to open in September this year.

Ricos will be taking over both floors of the pub, with downstairs being a bigger and more expansive version of the classic Ricos Tacos experience and upstairs being home to the new “Club Ricos”, the Ricos website reads.

The Ricos menu will remain true to what customers know it to be with the usual tacos and weekly favourites.

Mr Wilson tells Broadsheet in an interview, “It’s all about championing the things that we’ve always done, that represent us well.”

Source: Broadsheet

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Managers of St Basil’s Fawkner refuse to give evidence during inquest

A bid by the managers of St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner to avoid giving evidence has forced a delay of the inquest.

Women’s World Cup inspiring young Greek footballers in Australia

Fans from across the world will watch the most talented women in football aim for the title of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 champions.

18-month-old girl dies after being struck by family ute in Adelaide

On Friday, police and emergency services were called to Netherby in Adelaide after a young girl was struck by a ute in her driveway.