During Brain Cancer Action Month, friends and supporters of the White Pearl Foundation are uniting once again on Friday, May 19 in support of brain cancer patients at the 5th Annual Breakfast for Brain Cancer.
As in previous years, this fundraising brunch promises to be a truly enjoyable event, featuring inspiring speakers, a raffle with great prizes to be won, and a variety of donated gifts available for purchase at the Breakfast for Brain Cancer Bazaar.
Enjoy award-winning catering by Zest Catering, in the picturesque and serene setting of the Royal Motor Yacht Club, Point Piper.
All funds raised will go towards the brain cancer research programme of The Brain Cancer Group.
Brain cancer facts:
- Brain cancer kills more children in Australia than any other disease.
- Brain cancer kills more people under 40 than any other cancer.
- Brain cancer is the second biggest cancer killer of females 0–44 years (after breast cancer).
- Brain cancer has the highest personal and economic burden of any cancer.
- Brain cancer survival rates have barely increased in the last 30 years.
- No risk factors for brain cancer have been identified and no screening procedures are available.
- Effective treatment options for brain cancer patients are limited and tumours develop resistance to standard therapies.
- The most common malignant brain tumour, high-grade glioma (HGG) is almost 100% fatal.
YET brain cancer receives less than 5% of government cancer research funding.
“We are delighted to be hosting this event and bringing our community together to support brain cancer patients,” said a spokesperson for the White Pearl Foundation.
“We encourage everyone to come along and join us for what promises to be a memorable and uplifting experience. We thank our Media Sponsor, The Greek Herald (TGH), and look forward to working with the team at TGH to bring you another successful event. See you on May 19th.”
If you’re looking for a way to make a positive impact in your community, we encourage you to gather family and friends and attend, safe in the knowledge that all funds donated from this event to The Brain Cancer Group go directly to brain cancer research.
The fundraising brunch will be held in the Pacific Room of the Royal Motor Yacht Club, Wunulla Road, Point Piper at 11am on Friday, May 19th, 2023. Tickets are available now and can be purchased through www.whitepearlfoundation.org. If you cannot attend but would like to make a donation, please follow the donation link on the website.
To offer prizes to the fundraising programme and for all other enquiries, please contact Suzane on 0418 238 723.