‘Sad but grateful’: Despina Savva on her elimination from The Voice Australia 2020

·

15-year-old singing sensation, Despina Savva, was eliminated from The Voice Australia 2020 last night but not before going out with a bang with her amazing rendition of Billie Eilish’s ‘Bellyache.’

“When your attitude and sass kicked in… you reminded me once again why I chose you as my Wildcard,” Despina’s coach, Kelly Rowland, said after her performance.

But sadly in the end, Kelly decided to take two other artists, Chris Sebastian and Mark Furze, through to the semi finals on Wednesday night.

“I’m feeling sad that I didn’t get in but so happy and grateful. I’ve had so much fun and have so much to offer to the world!” Despina tells The Greek Herald.

Despina’s journey on the show was somewhat of a rollercoaster ride after she was saved by Kelly during the Battle Rounds and then given a wildcard in last week’s playoffs.

But the Sydney girl never gave up and it’s this determination that the Greek Australian community can’t wait to see more of in the days and years to come!

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Fresco of Helen of Troy uncovered at Pompeii

Nearly 2,000 years since it was buried by volcanic rubble, the lost city of Pompeii is yielding even more impressive discoveries. According to msn.com, archeologists...

New casual Greek restaurant brings meze and cocktails to Adelaide’s CBD

Andrew Papadakis, the visionary who founded and successfully sold Meze Mazi, returns to the vibrant Adelaide restaurant scene with his newest venture, Dino’s. According to...

Two Greek women included in ’30 Under 30′ Forbes list

In this year's European Forbes "30 Under 30" list, two exceptional Greek women have managed to stand out for their successful paths in two...

2,300-year-old tomb unearthed in Greece

A tomb in the ancient Macedonian city of Aegae in modern Vergina, Greece, has been unearthed according to an All That’s Interesting report. The tomb is believed...

Yorgos Lanthimos’ new movie ‘Kinds of Kindness’ included in Cannes lineup

New films from Yorgos Lanthimos, Andrea Arnold and Francis Ford Coppola, as well as a portrait of 1980s Donald Trump, will compete for the...

You May Also Like

Antigoni Drisbioti sets pan-Hellenic record in Melbourne and qualifies for Olympics

Antigoni Drisbioti took part in the Chemist Warehouse Australian 20km Race Walk Championships at Fawkner Park in South Yarra, Victoria on Saturday and won...

Celebrating 50 years of the Department of Modern Greek at the University of Sydney

The Department of Modern Greek at the University of Sydney has announced a special event as part of the 42nd Greek Festival of Sydney...

Detective Senior Constable, Angela Vergopoulos: “I continue to challenge myself and gender bias”

Photo: Angela Vergopoulos, Detective Senior Constable, Criminal Investigation, Burwood Police Area Command (PAC) / Supplied