‘My success is their success’: Life coach Connie Theodoridis on her influential Greek upbringing

·

As an award-winning life and business coach, Connie Theodoridis has dedicated her life to ensuring individuals and businesses have all the support they need to maximise their success and ‘achieve their goals.’

Connie talks with The Greek Herald and details how her Greek upbringing directly influenced her desire to help people in need.

Tell us about your journey as a life and business coach.

From a little girl, I always wanted to help others and make people feel good about themselves and this continued into my teenage years and then as an adult. I believed it was my purpose to help individuals and businesses become the best version of themselves and achieve extraordinary things.

I then set out to obtain my qualifications to be able to pursue my passion and have never looked back. I now have over 20 years’ experience working with people and helping individuals and businesses grow and achieve their dreams.

I am so excited about where this journey will take me because there is nothing more satisfying knowing that you are helping people and making a difference.

What was the main motivation behind your business, Opening Doors Life & Business Coaching?

My main motivation was to create Opening Doors to help any individual, couple or business move forward to success. I wanted to create an environment to help people understand what their purpose is and what makes them stand out whilst honouring their strengths.

I wanted to help empower people and help them develop the resources to better manage any future obstacles, challenges and blockages that get in their way to success. To create a practice where individuals could embrace their uniqueness.

Opening Doors now helps many individuals and businesses transform into who they were always meant to be as we are born whole and born to be extraordinary. Our aim is to help coach you to shoot for the stars as we believe you can be anything you want to be.

You recently won Most Outstanding New Business in the Sydney Hills Local Business Awards. How did that feel?

Words can’t describe the feeling I got when they announced my business as the winner. All I could think about is the wonderful people that believed in me and supported me to start this wonderful journey. I am more than blessed to have so many wonderful people by my side who see this gift in me that God blessed with me and have had faith in me right from the beginning.

To win this award for Most Outstanding New Business with over 30 finalists demonstrates to others that you can do it and that you can make your dreams come true. I am not saying it’s easy by any means, it takes determination, commitment and lots of hard work. But with the right people around you and with a solid plan, dreams do become a reality.

How has your Greek heritage and upbringing influenced your career?

From a little girl, my heart has always been drawn to my Greek heritage. Those who know me, know the love I have for Greece and know how honoured and grateful I am that I was born into such a wonderful and amazing culture. There is this feeling inside me that I can’t describe every time I go back to Greece. The minute I get off the plane I feel like I am home even though I was born in Australia.

I can’t thank my parents enough for bringing me into this world as a Greek Australian. It has definitely influenced many things I have done, especially my career. The award I won is for them not me. It’s to thank them for all their sacrifices. It is to show them how grateful I am. I know how hard it was to come to this country with one suitcase leaving your family behind so that you can provide opportunities for your future family.

So, my success is their success and I aim to keep shooting for the stars so that I bring many more happy moments into their life because they deserve it. What our parents did for us is beyond words and I hope that my story inspires others to embrace their opportunities and turn them into many other successful stories. I am a proud Greek Australian and will always be.

Is there anything else you would like to say?

I just want to thank the amazing people who have always been by my side: My husband, parents, sister, family, friends and clients. This award is for you and to thank you for the belief you have had in me throughout my journey. You are all blessings from God and words can’t describe how grateful I am. I would also like to thank Steve Loe and Precedent Productions for the amazing awards program they put on and the recognition they provide to businesses throughout the country.

Opening Doors has also made it to the 2022 Australian Women’s Small Business Champions Awards as a finalist for Most Outstanding New Business. The awards ceremony is being held on November 12 and I am hoping to make you all proud again.

Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Latest News

‘Izzy the Jerusalem Donkey’: Helen Lakatos releases new kids book for Orthodox Easter

Helen Lakatos is a first generation Australian-born Cypriot, proud mum of two grown boys, and a loving yiayia of three grandchildren.

Kastellorizo and its gold: Nick Bogiatzis to give lecture in Melbourne

The Greek Community of Melbourne will present a lecture entitled "Kastellorizo and its Gold" at the Greek Centre, on Thursday

Greek olive oil excels with koroneiki and flavoured oils

The 2023 EVOO World Ranking (WR) listed 12 Greek extra virgin olive oils (EVOOs) among the world’s top 100

Most untouched beaches found in Mani, Karpathos and Syros

Eastern Mani in southern Greece and the islands of Karpathos and Syros have been identified as the regions having the most friendly beaches.

Last days to enjoy Herk Alexander’s Greek art exhibition in Sydney

On Saturday, April 20, Herk Alexander officially launched his art exhibition as part of the Greek Festival of Sydney.

You May Also Like

Archbishop Makarios of Australia visits Athens to attend roundtable talks on Ukraine

Archbishop Makarios of Australia was in Athens, Greece this week to participate in roundtable discussions about the current war in Ukraine.

Greek Community of Melbourne issue statement on wildfires in Greece

The Greek Community of Melbourne (GCM) have issued a statement about the wildfires that are still raging across Greece this week.

Powerful drawings by Ukrainian children go on display in Thessaloniki

An art exhibition titled 'Ukraine through the eyes of children' is currently on display at an office in Thessaloniki.