Conrad Liveris named as one of Australia’s top 50 most inspirational LGBTIQ+ leaders

·

Greek Australian economist, Conrad Liveris, has been named as one of Australia’s top 50 LGBTIQ+ leaders in a list recently released by Deloitte, in partnership with Google and Energy Australia.

The 2020 list includes individuals who identify as trans and gender-diverse, non-binary, queer and bisexual, and includes several Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse, neurodiverse and spiritual leaders.

Liveris himself identifies as gay but that’s not the only thing which makes him influential.

He is also the CEO of The Piddington Society and seeks to bring together justice and collegiality by providing a supportive environment for lawyers to learn together through professional development programs.

Alongside this role, Liveris runs his own HR advisory and labour economics practice, where he helps small regional WA non-profits and foreign governments with workplace performance, engagement and the changing workforce.

Greek Australian economist, Conrad Liveris, has been named as one of Australia’s top 50 LGBTIQ+ leaders.

Here is Liveris’ interview with Deloitte:

Who are your role models?

I didn’t have any openly LGBTI+ role models at the start of my career. Instead, as I was beginning to understand gender inequality issues in the workplace, I drew inspiration from the leading women in business and politics who were able to make important contributions despite difficult pressure and judgement.

Where LGBTI+ people could hide their sexuality if they felt uncomfortable, though this isn’t recommended or ideal, these women couldn’t. They were great people to emulate – many who I get to call friends now.

Changing perceptions:

Do you have any advice for others in the LGBTIQ+ community?

LGBTIQ+ inclusion and visibility:

Monument to migration - Mother's Day

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Latest News

‘Izzy the Jerusalem Donkey’: Helen Lakatos releases new kids book for Orthodox Easter

Helen Lakatos is a first generation Australian-born Cypriot, proud mum of two grown boys, and a loving yiayia of three grandchildren.

Kastellorizo and its gold: Nick Bogiatzis to give lecture in Melbourne

The Greek Community of Melbourne will present a lecture entitled "Kastellorizo and its Gold" at the Greek Centre, on Thursday

Greek olive oil excels with koroneiki and flavoured oils

The 2023 EVOO World Ranking (WR) listed 12 Greek extra virgin olive oils (EVOOs) among the world’s top 100

Most untouched beaches found in Mani, Karpathos and Syros

Eastern Mani in southern Greece and the islands of Karpathos and Syros have been identified as the regions having the most friendly beaches.

Last days to enjoy Herk Alexander’s Greek art exhibition in Sydney

On Saturday, April 20, Herk Alexander officially launched his art exhibition as part of the Greek Festival of Sydney.

You May Also Like

Devastation in Lebanon – World leaders send condolences as more than 70 dead and 3,700 wounded

A massive explosion and a serious shock wave shook the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Tuesday. Emergency workers are responding to extensive damages...

Kyrgios puts faith in De Minaur after being asked about matchup with Rafael Nadal

With their next match being against Spain, Alex De Minaur will face World No. 1 Rafael Nadal in the singles match, while Nick Kyrgios will face Roberto Bautista Agut.

‘The 123 of Greek Easter’: Count along with Panagiota Andreadakis’ new bilingual kids book

Panagiota Andreadakis has not only released her third bilingual children’s book The 123 of Greek Easter, but also an activity book.