Kyrgios confident ahead of ‘battle of the sexes’ against Sabalenka

·

Nick Kyrgios has declared he won’t need to “try 100 per cent” to beat world No.1 Aryna Sabalenka in a planned “battle of the sexes” match in Hong Kong before the Australian Open.

Speaking in a YouTube interview with Alexander Bublik, the 30-year-old said Sabalenka was “not going to beat me,” adding: “Our serves… women can’t return, and then we can just chip and drop shot.”

Kyrgios, who has not played singles since March, said he was excited for the clash with the three-time grand slam champion, though admitted earlier this year he had been “nervous” about facing her “in her absolute prime.”

The January match is expected to feature modified rules, including one serve per player and a smaller court.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

Kokkinakis confirms plans for doubles reunion with Kyrgios

Thanasi Kokkinakis has confirmed plans for a doubles comeback with Nick Kyrgios, saying the pair intend to “run it back.”

Federal MPs express disappointment over La Trobe’s proposal to cut Greek Studies

Maria Vamvakinou and Andrew Gilles are among other Labor MP's who expressed disappointment over the Greek Studies program at LaTrobe University ending after 38...

Anthony Koutoufides in dispute with builder over multi-million mansion in Melbourne

Greek Australian footy legend Anthony Koutoufides, has fought back at claims of them dodging payments on the build of their luxury home.