‘I am truly sorry’: Eleni Petinos MP sacked following bullying allegations

·

The NSW Minister for Small Business and Fair Trading, Eleni Petinos, has been sacked after allegations she bullied workers in her office emerged last week.

In a statement issued on Sunday night, NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet announced he was dumping the Miranda MP from state cabinet “with immediate effect.”

The Premier said he made the decision “after some further matters concerning her were brought to my attention.”

On Friday, it was revealed a former adviser to Ms Petinos had sent an anonymous complaint to the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet claiming they had been “relentlessly bullied” in their short tenure in her office.

NSW Premier, Dominic Perrottet (left) sacked Eleni Petinos (right) last night.

Ms Petinos is alleged to have used several slurs towards the staffer and threatened she would “kill” them for making a small mistake.

At the time, Ms Petinos strenuously denied “any allegations of bullying or improper conduct.”

Following the announcement of her sacking on Sunday night, Ms Petinos said: “I would never intentionally offend anyone or make them feel uncomfortable, and if I did I am truly sorry.”

“I am proud of my work while I served the people of NSW as Minister for Small Business and Minister for Fair Trading. I fought hard for small businesses who are the lifeblood of NSW and I will continue to advocate for them regardless of my role,” Ms Petinos added.

Eleni Petinos will continue in her role as the Member for Miranda.

“The intense pressures and stresses of such important portfolios are significant for both staff and their Minister. I thank my staff for their efforts in supporting me to deliver for the people of NSW.”

Ms Petinos said she will continue to “pursue politics to make a positive difference… as the Member for Miranda.”

Ms Petinos was elevated to the ministry in December last year, as one of three new Liberal women promoted to cabinet. The Premier has now lost one of the seven Coalition women in his 26-person cabinet.

Minister for Customer Service and Digital Government, Victor Dominello, will assume Ms Petinos’ portfolio responsibilities.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

Jon Adgemis’ pub group seeks to raise up to $40 million in pre-listing refinancing

Jon Adgemis′ hospitality business is in the final stages of pre-listing debt raising and refinancing. Here are the full details.

Andrew Liveris on his big plans for the Brisbane Olympics 2032

The new boss of the 2032 Brisbane Olympic Games, Andrew Liveris, has opened up about his big plans for the iconic event.

Backpacks of Hope: A Greek community effort to aid homeless children in Victoria

Oakleigh Grammar's Year 5 and 6 students organised a heartfelt fundraiser to support homeless children in Victoria.