South Australian MP faces court over alleged assault of Connie Bonaros MP

·

South Australian MP Sam Duluk has appeared in court charged with basic assault over inappropriate conduct at a parliamentary Christmas party last year.

Duluk came before Adelaide Magistrates Court on Tuesday after being accused of making inappropriate comments to SA-BEST MP Connie Bonaros and allegedly slapping her on the buttocks at the party on December 13.

It was his first appearance since police issued a summons with the former Liberal represented by high-profile lawyer Marie Shaw QC.

Sam Duluk is accused of making inappropriate comments to an MP and slapping her buttocks at a party. Credit: AAP.

Ms Shaw asked the court to issue a subpoena for certain documents to be produced by the company appointed by former parliamentary speaker, Vincent Tarzia, to investigate the allegations.

She said the defence was also waiting for the prosecution to disclose other information.

“That disclosure, I understand, is in train but the prosecution do seek more time to respond and provide the relevant documents,” she told the court.

Ms Shaw asked for the case to be adjourned for six weeks, with magistrate Alf Grasso ordering it return to court on December 9.

Duluk was banished from the Liberal Parliamentary Party over his behaviour and had his wider Liberal Party membership suspended.

But the parliamentary inquiry into his conduct was put on hold while the police investigations were underway.

Source: 7 News / AAP Newswire.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

Gough Whitlam’s speech to the NSW Teachers of Modern Greek Association

We look back at a speech given by former Australian Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, to the NSW Teachers of Modern Greek Association in 2005.

Greece’s Tourism Minister says GNTO office to open in Melbourne by April

Greece's Tourism Minister has confirmed to The Greek Herald that a GNTO office will open in Melbourne, Victoria by April this year.

Thanasi Kokkinakis qualifies for Cincinnati Masters

Thanasi Kokkinakis has qualified for the Cincinnati Masters, after erasing 3 consecutive match points.