HomeNewsAustraliaSammy Klementou at breaking point amid costly prank calls to SA fish...

Sammy Klementou at breaking point amid costly prank calls to SA fish and chip shop

Author

Date

Category

Sam Klementou is the owner of Sammy’s Fish and Chippery in Collinswood, South Australia, and he told The Advertiser he is at his wit’s end after receiving dozens of “nasty” prank calls every day for the past three years.

Mr Klementou said he has lost more than $20,000 to fake food orders after receiving up to 60 prank phone calls a day from teenagers. Accepting payment over the phone does not work either, he said.

“It’s impossible to run a business and getting those fake calls,” Mr Klementou told The Advertiser.

Sammy’s Fish and Chippery.

The shop owner said in “90 per cent” of instances he was forced to throw the food away, while the other 10 per cent was donated to the local homeless people.

SA Police said it had investigated the nuisance calls last year, however, “no suspects have been identified.”

“If the victim or anyone has further information or any suspects in relation to any of these incidents, they are encouraged to contact police,” a SA Police spokeswoman said.

Mr Klementou is now looking at developing an app to bypass phone calls altogether.

Source: The Advertiser.

Recent posts