SA-Best candidate, Ian Markos, raises concerns over government debt and spending

·

South Australia’s Liberal government has released its policy costings and says it will not be making any further funding commitments, ABC News reports.

The expenditure list released today shows $288 million in new funding is required to pay for the Liberal Party’s election commitments. 

SA Treasurer, Rob Lucas, said the announcement was an attempt to “force” Opposition Leader Peter Malinauskas to explain how Labor’s pre-election promises will be funded. 

Mr Malinauskas said all of Labor’s policies had been fully costed and that he would be announcing all of the budget numbers on Thursday.

SA-BEST candidates Keyvan Abak (far left) and Ian Markos (far right) with MLCs Frank Pangallo and Connie Bonaros.

READ MORE: Ian Markos named lead SA-BEST Upper House candidate.

In response, SA Best’s lead Upper House candidate, Ian Markos, accused the government and other major parties of being dishonest in their insistence that taxes would not increase to pay for their promises.

“BS has its own sound and that’s what you’re hearing now,” Mr Markos told ABC News.

If elected to the Legislative Council, Mr Markos said SA Best would advocate for wide-ranging tax reforms, including to stamp duty, payroll tax and slashing the “outrageous cost” of registering land titles.

READ MORE: ‘Feels good to help’: Paul Alexandrides to contest seat of Colton in SA election.

Source: ABC News.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Body image in Greek Australian culture

The report highlighted that an estimated 4.1 million Australians aged 15 and over have experienced body dissatisfaction.

SoulChef Sundays: A taste of tradition with Katiki Cheese Pie

This week, SoulChef presents a lighter, contemporary take on a classic — without sacrificing authenticity or flavour.

Greek as always: Different languages, same ancient soul

We Greeks have always been adventurous people. The Minoans sailed the Mediterranean and traded exotic goods.

Greece secures world’s 2nd best beach for 2026

Greece has earned major international recognition with four of its beaches ranked among the world’s top 20.

First Orthodox cemetery opens in Japan

To support the spiritual needs of the faithful, the parish priest announced plans to relocate a traditional wooden church from Romania.

You May Also Like

Theo Maras shares plans for new Adelaide Central Market

The founder of development company the Maras Group will next month take the reins of the Adelaide Central Market Authority on a three-year contract.

Mavromoustakos brothers’ charity football match raises over $4,000 for African kids

The Mavromoustakos brothers' Charity Football Match made a triumphant return in 2025, once again uniting the community for a great cause.

Ceasefire brings relief, but travel disruptions continue for some Greek Australians

Greek Australians flying to Europe via the Middle East continue to experience significant delays, rerouted connections and unexpected costs.