Raptis Properties take failed $58.6 million property sale in Adelaide to court

·

The sale of the Raptis family’s 63 Pirie St property in the Adelaide CBD has gone to court, The Australian has reported.

Raptis Properties has taken the case to court as the buyer, Capital Property Funds (CPF), appear to have pulled out of a $58.6 million purchase at the last minute.

The property company is now seeking to enforce the deal, claiming to be owed the sale amount plus costs.

In a statement of claim filed with the Supreme Court in Adelaide, Raptis alleged One Managed Investment – a CPF vehicle – pulled out of the sale at the last minute.

The sale was said to be agreed for the property on November 25 with a $1.1 million deposit paid at the time. Raptis Properties claimed that by December 7, the Sydney-based CPF had obtained finance.

The property.

“On 7 December, 2022, the lawyer for the respondent wrote… advising that… special condition 30 of the contract… had been satisfied by the respondents having obtained a loan for the purpose of it completing the acquisition of the property pursuant to the contract,” the statement of claim said.

“As a consequence… the respondent’s obligation pursuant to the contract… were unconditional.”

According to The Australian, the settlement was due on February 24 but due to issues with their bank at the time, Raptis Properties rescheduled the settlement for February 27. On that day, Raptis Properties was informed “the applicant… could not complete the contract at all on its current terms.”

Raptis said the contract was not honoured and the property is yet to be sold. They said CPF is now in breach of its contract and are claiming “loss and damage.”

CPF is yet to file a defence in the matter.

Source: The advertiser

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

On the frontline: Multicultural media’s vital role in public interest journalism

Multicultural media will be discussed at a forum on March 22 from 9 am to 1 pm at the Greek Centre, Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.

Olympic Games: Offering a ray of hope within a state of upheaval

We can put Covid in the back of our minds as we join these young competitors in their attempts to claim that highly coveted olive branch.

Fans locked out of Oakleigh Cannons versus Preston Lions clash amid safety concerns

Supporters will be barred from attending one of the most anticipated fixtures of the NPL Victoria season this Friday.