Peter Konidaris among eight individuals to exit PwC amid tax leak scandal

·

Eight individuals will exit the consulting giant PwC over their involvement in a recent tax leak scandal.

PwC has been in damage control to repair the company’s reputation after it was revealed that a number of senior partners at the firm had used confidential government advice to drum up work from multinational companies and help them pay less tax.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Peter Konidaris is among the eight people who are being “exited” from the partnership or in the process of being removed, following an internal investigation.

Konidaris was also on the Victorian government’s Melbourne Arts Precinct Corporation board, but Creative Industries Minister Steve Dimopoulos said on Monday that he had quit the role.

“Peter was outstanding on the board, but he has now resigned,” Dimopoulos said. “The government has a code of ethics when it comes to consultancies and we are reviewing it now, more information will come.”

PwC is seeking to remove eight partners from the firm (clockwise from left): Peter van Dongen, Eddy Moussa, Pete Calleja, Peter Konidaris, Tom Seymour, Wayne Plummer and Sean Gregory. Photo: The Australian Financial Review

Other PwC partners to “exit” the firm are Eddy Moussa, Richard Gregg, Pete Calleja, Sean Gregory, Peter van Dongen, Wayne Plummer and former chief executive Tom Seymour.

The company said it had found “specific examples” where the individuals breached professional standards and a “failure of leadership and governance,” either at the time of the confidentiality breach or while matters were being investigated by the Tax Practitioners Board or Australian Taxation Office.

Last month, PwC handed over to the Senate the names of staff it said were implicated in the tax leak scandal. A demand from the Senate estimates committee followed, to name all those involved.

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Greek Australians set their sights on making a difference to the Sutherland Shire

Proud Greek Australians Haris Strangas and Kyriakos Panayi, long-time locals of Sutherland Shire are running for upcoming council election.

Port Macquarie’s Greek community celebrates historic Divine Liturgy

On Sunday, January 21, a significant milestone was reached for the Greek community in Port Macquarie as the Horton Street Chapel hosted its inaugural...

Greece chase back-to-back titles in World Men’s Junior Water Polo Championships

The Belgrade 2017 final was one of the most exciting in the event's history, with the Greek team earning gold 12-10 on a penalty...