Nikolaos Solomos thanks supporters as ‘Lambo Guy’ steps in to save Derrimut Gym

·

Derrimut 24:7 Gym director Nikolaos Solomos has reassured members the fitness chain is here to stay, after billionaire Adrian Portelli confirmed he is negotiating a stake in the troubled business.

In an Instagram video on Wednesday, September 24, Solomos thanked followers for their support, calling it “a proud moment” and vowing: “We’ve got this covered, we’re not going anywhere for the next 100 years.”

His comments came as Portelli, known as the “Lambo Guy,” announced plans to help stabilise Derrimut, which is facing a Federal Court hearing on October 10 over a $12.53 million ATO debt.

Portelli said he is negotiating to buy into the company, pay off debts and keep the doors open for 800 staff and hundreds of thousands of members.

“The first thing we need to do in Derrimut’s situation is obviously, pay the people that need to be paid. The second thing is to listen to the members,” Portelli said, adding his first priority was fixing cleanliness issues.

“That’s an easy fix for us, it won’t cost us much. Let’s make Derrimut great again.”

Solomos, who appeared alongside Portelli in the 2024 finale of The Block, had hinted in recent weeks that investment talks were underway, telling fitness instructors the debt was under control.

“There’s a lot happening in the next 14 days that will come out in the media and validate what I’m saying,” he said.

Nikolaos Solomos (L) and Adrian Portelli (R) on The Block. Photo: Nine.

The chain’s financial struggles have already forced the closure of several South Australian branches, including Noarlunga last week. Derrimut’s lawyers are also fighting attempts by landlords to shut more gyms.

Despite the challenges, Solomos has remained defiant, declaring, “We’ve got this covered.”

Source: The Advertiser.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Heartbeat of Football receives $50,000 grant from NSW Government

The Heartbeat of Football Foundation has announced a grant of $50,000 from the NSW Government to deliver sport focused health initiatives.

On this day: The Battle of Gorgopotamos

The Battle of Gorgopotamos, also known as Operation Harling, was a pivotal event within World War II.

What is the influence of Greek on the English language?

This International Greek Language Day, we take a look at the Greek language and the important influence it's had on the English language.