Mary Couros pushes for release of report into culture of Adelaide City Council

·

The reported ‘toxic culture’ spreading within Adelaide City Council will be revealed in a tell-all report to be released to the public within a month-and-a-half.

Two months ago, the council voted to keep the report secret until 2028 on the basis of staff advice. The findings of the investigation by external contractors have not even been revealed to the council’s elected members.

Deputy Mayor Mary Couros pushed for the release of the report and received the unanimous support of her colleagues on Tuesday night.

The report was commissioned by the council last year after its dominant Team Adelaide faction raised concerns about strained relationships between some elected members and the council’s administration.

It is understood the report details the extent of the problems between councillors and staff, as well as investigating dissatisfaction among staff with the overall administration of the council and the behaviour of some councillors.

Adelaide City Council acting chief executive Claire Mockler said she had already engaged lawyers to prepare the report for public release.

Ms Couros said releasing the report would “end this discussion” and stop “lingering” scuttlebutt about the culture of the council.

Cr Alex Hyde said the treatment of some staff had been “heartbreaking to say the least”

“I think our staff deserve better, I think our staff deserve to be heard,” Cr Hyde said.

“I think any bad behaviour that may or may not be present … should be aired and it should be aired publicly.”

Cr Phillip Martin declared a conflict of interest on the basis that Cr Couros previously suggested he was mentioned in the report, while Cr Anne Moran – who has regularly clashed with other councillors – was not in the room.

Sourced By: The Advertiser

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

SA Police believe Bill Frangos was murdered before his home was set ablaze

South Australian police believe a man found dead in a house fire in Adelaide, was murdered, and the blaze was set to destroy evidence.

Kospetas acquires Claridge House in $19m deal as Adgemis era closes

Claridge House has been sold for $19m, with Universal Hotels’ Harris Kospetas acquiring the former Jon Adgemis-linked asset.

Laver Cup 2019: Tsitsipas and Nadal beaten by Kyrgios and Sock

Nick Kyrgios and Jack Sock have kept Team World within reach after beating Rafa Nadal and Stefanos Tsitsipas in doubles match. A pumped-up Kyrgios...