Montaigne will represent Australia in the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest with her song ‘Don’t Break Me’, which was decided on Saturday at the ‘Eurovision: Australia Decides’ competition.
After competing against nine other well-known Australian musicians, Montaigne won the 2nd edition of Australia Decides and has won the golden ticket to represent Australia in Eurovision 2020, held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Greek-Australian and 2019 winner of The Voice, Diana Rouvas, is no stranger to singing competitions. For Eurovision, she didn’t quite make the cut, coming in at 5th place from the jury’s results and 7th place from the public.
Rouvas started writing music at five years of age; by the time she was eight, she had started vocal training.
The Greek-Australian went into Australia Decides with a cool head: “For me it’s about being authentic and doing my best. If I connect, that’s my job,” she told the ABC.
“But there are amazing singers [in the competition], it’s art — everyone has their place and there’s room for us all.”
“It’s not necessarily all about being big either, although my song is big enough for me! It’s about quality, and about communication.”
Australia Decides – Full Results
- 54 points go to Montaigne
- 42 points go to Vanessa Amorosi
- 40 points go to Casey Donovan
- 39 points go to Didirri
- 24 points go to Diana Rouvas
- 24 points go to Mitch Tambo
- 19 points go to iOTA
- 19 points go to Jack Vidgen
- 18 points go to Jaguar Jonze
- 11 points go to Jordan-Ravi
- 60 points go to Casey Donovan
- 53 points go to Montaigne
- 40 points go to Vanessa Amorosi
- 33 points go to Mitch Tambo
- 28 points go to Jaguar Jonze
- 24 points go to Didirri
- 18 points go to Diana Rouvas
- 15 points go to Jack Vidgen
- 13 points go to iOTA
- 12 points go to Jordan-Ravi
Sourced via ESCTakeover.