Bank of Queensland chief George Frazis exits with immediate effect

·

Bank of Queensland (BOQ) chief executive George Frazis is leaving the bank with immediate effect, The Sydney Morning Herald has reported.

The bank confirmed Frazis’ exit on Monday morning and said it would launch a domestic and global search to replace him.

For now, BOQ Chairman Patrick Allaway will take on new responsibilities as Executive Chairman until a new CEO is found.

A statement from Allaway said the board had come to the view that “different leadership” was required, but it did not provide a more detailed explanation for the sudden departure of Frazis after only three years as CEO.

“George Frazis joined BOQ in September 2019 and has overseen a return to growth in all key channels across the bank, the successful acquisition and integration of ME Bank, as well as achieving strong progress in the bank’s technology transformation,” Allaway said in his statement.

“However, the board has formed a view that different leadership is now required to ensure BOQ can continue to build a stronger and more resilient bank through future cycles.”

BOQ said Frazis would receive his entitlements in accordance with his contract of employment. 

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Panarcadians Mother’s Day luncheon honours the mother tongue

The Panarcadian Association of Melbourne transformed its annual Mother’s Day luncheon into both a celebration and act of resistance.

St George College hosts Greek military delegation for Battle of Crete commemorations

St George College has welcomed a military delegation from Greece as part of the 85th Anniversary Commemorations of the Battle of Crete.

Adelaide’s Pontian community honours the memory of the victims of the Genocide

Adelaide’s Pontian and wider Greek community gathered on Sunday to commemorate Pontian Greek Genocide Commemoration Day 2026.

‘From Genocide to Regeneration’ presented in Melbourne for first time

The Federation of Pontian Associations of Australia and the Sts Anargiri Greek Language Centre co-hosted a successful presentation.

‘We are custodians of memory’: Melbourne marks Greek Genocide remembrance day

Melbourne paused in solemn unity on Sunday morning as the Pontian Greek Genocide was commemorated with a wreath-laying service.

You May Also Like

AHEPA Sydney & NSW hosts ‘Finding Prometheus’ workshop inspiring young thespians

The wisdom and high ideals commonly found in Greek mythology were successfully taught to a group of school children.

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy seeks resolve with Trump after US aid pause 

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy extended an olive branch to US President Donald Trump following a tense exchange last week.

Andrew Triantafyllos claims he is ‘a victim’ after string of attacks on his Melbourne home

Andrew Triantafyllos claims he has fallen victim to violent extortion attempts after his home in Essendon was shot at twice.