Australian travellers no longer need a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to enter Greece

·

Travellers from Australia no longer require to present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Greece, according to a recent update by smarttraveller.gov.au.

The website states that Australian travellers also don’t need to present a vaccination certificate, proof of recovery, or a negative COVID-19 test to enter commercial or entertainment venues in Greece.

However, they must continue to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces.

Greece announced earlier this week that it would ‘return to normal’ ahead of the European summer season and after two years of unprecedented restrictive measures.

READ MORE: Greece relaxes COVID-19 restrictions ahead of European summer.

Three doses are better than two’:

This easing of restrictions comes as Sydney-born infectious disease expert, Sotiris Tsiodras, told a conference in Athens on Thursday that thousands of lives have been saved due to the COVID-19 vaccine.

He also stressed that “three doses” of the vaccine “are better than two.”

Tsiodras at the conference.

“Since the start of the pandemic and until April 2022, 39,000 deaths have been averted via vaccination in Greece,” Tsiodras, who is chief scientific advisor for the COVID-19 pandemic for the Greek Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said.

READ MORE: Sydney-born virologist, Sotiris Tsiodras, to head new health advisory team in Greece.

Tsiodras added that although vaccination has been uneven in Greece, he expects the country to have a relatively calm summer due to widespread COVID inoculation and recovery from the virus.

“The hybrid immunity achieved in this country and in Europe, in combination with the good weather, will help us control and reduce the epidemic into the fall,” he concluded.

Source: Ekathimerini.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Greek Prime Minister praises enduring Greece-ANZAC bond in Battle of Crete message

Greece's Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis has issued a statement marking the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

South Melbourne FC to clash with Vanuatu United in OFC Pro League semi-final

The OFC Pro League has reached its semi-final stage, with South Melbourne FC, Vanuatu United FC, Auckland FC and South Island United.

Archbishop Makarios: Battle of Crete legacy must inspire future generations

Archbishop Makarios of Australia has issued a message commemorating the 85th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.

Evzones in Pontic uniform mark poignant moment at Athens genocide commemoration

A solemn ceremony in central Athens has marked the 107th anniversary of the Genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

Coolamon Hotel revival earns top NSW heritage honour for architect Gioia Gianniotis

The revival of the Coolamon Hotel has been recognised with the President’s Prize at the 2026 National Trust (NSW) Heritage Awards.

You May Also Like

British Museum trustee says rumours of Parthenon Marbles’ return to Greece are ‘overhyped’

A British Museum trustee said rumours of talks between Greece and the museum about the return of the Parthenon Marbles are ‘overhyped.’

George Giannaros former Sydney Olympic FC president dies at age 55

Former Sydney Olympic FC President, George Giannaros, passed away on Friday, September 15, at the age of 55. 

Melbourne’s Cretan community pays tribute to the music of Kostas Mountakis

The Cretan community of Melbourne organised a tribute concert in honour of great Cretan artist, Kostas Mountakis, on Saturday, February 20.