South Australian MP faces court over alleged assault of Connie Bonaros MP

·

South Australian MP Sam Duluk has appeared in court charged with basic assault over inappropriate conduct at a parliamentary Christmas party last year.

Duluk came before Adelaide Magistrates Court on Tuesday after being accused of making inappropriate comments to SA-BEST MP Connie Bonaros and allegedly slapping her on the buttocks at the party on December 13.

It was his first appearance since police issued a summons with the former Liberal represented by high-profile lawyer Marie Shaw QC.

Sam Duluk is accused of making inappropriate comments to an MP and slapping her buttocks at a party. Credit: AAP.

Ms Shaw asked the court to issue a subpoena for certain documents to be produced by the company appointed by former parliamentary speaker, Vincent Tarzia, to investigate the allegations.

She said the defence was also waiting for the prosecution to disclose other information.

“That disclosure, I understand, is in train but the prosecution do seek more time to respond and provide the relevant documents,” she told the court.

Ms Shaw asked for the case to be adjourned for six weeks, with magistrate Alf Grasso ordering it return to court on December 9.

Duluk was banished from the Liberal Parliamentary Party over his behaviour and had his wider Liberal Party membership suspended.

But the parliamentary inquiry into his conduct was put on hold while the police investigations were underway.

Source: 7 News / AAP Newswire.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Body image in Greek Australian culture

The report highlighted that an estimated 4.1 million Australians aged 15 and over have experienced body dissatisfaction.

SoulChef Sundays: A taste of tradition with Katiki Cheese Pie

This week, SoulChef presents a lighter, contemporary take on a classic — without sacrificing authenticity or flavour.

Greek as always: Different languages, same ancient soul

We Greeks have always been adventurous people. The Minoans sailed the Mediterranean and traded exotic goods.

Greece secures world’s 2nd best beach for 2026

Greece has earned major international recognition with four of its beaches ranked among the world’s top 20.

First Orthodox cemetery opens in Japan

To support the spiritual needs of the faithful, the parish priest announced plans to relocate a traditional wooden church from Romania.

You May Also Like

Greece: A top destination for US and Australian travellers in 2025

A recent study reveals that travelers from the U.S. and Australia are more likely to visit Greece in the next 12 months.

Greece hails EU for cancelling ‘Turkaegean’ trademark

The EUIPO has annulled Turkey's widely criticised "Turkaegean" trademark, registered in 2021 by Turkey’s tourism agency.

Greek community soccer club fight to save home ground at Kings Reserve in SA

The Messinian Association Soccer Club - MA Hawks are currently fighting to save their home ground at Kings Reserve in Adelaide.