Former Director of Public Prosecutions, Stephen Pallaras QC, launches political party

·

Former Director of Public Prosecutions, Stephen Pallaras QC, is launching his own political party, named Real Change SA, and has revealed his priorities as a candidate at the upcoming state election, The Advertiser reports.

Mr Pallaras, who served as the state’s top prosecutor from 2005 until 2012, will run as an independent candidate in the Legislative Council after he was told by the Labor Party the preselection process had already been finalised.

Drawing on his legal background, Mr Pallaras will run on a platform of improving domestic violence services, care and housing of the elderly and the state of the health system, as well as areas of law reform.

“I had to actually decide do I want to do it badly enough or just talk about it and I decided I did want to do it badly enough,” Mr Pallaras told the newspaper.

Former Director of Public Prosecutions, Stephen Pallaras QC. Picture: Matt Turner.

“I think South Australia has a lot to offer, it’s a great state, but there are many things that need fixing.

“There are things that we can do and what bugs me most is that nobody’s actually doing anything about them.”

Mr Pallaras said that, in order to register the party with the SA Electoral Commission, he needed 200 people to sign up as members by the end of the week, which marks six months until the election.

He said on Wednesday he had collected about half of the required signatures.

Source: The Advertiser.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Greek bakery owners overcoming impacts of COVID-19

Queens Pastri House owner Patricia Kafarakis counts herself lucky to have recently celebrated five years in the business.

Thessaloniki to become home to Balkans’ largest technology park

The government is set to launch one of the most important research and innovation projects in Greece in the form of a state-of-the-art technology park

Rare Mediterranean storm batters Greece’s Ionian islands

A similar storm hit Greece in 2018. In 2017, flash floods killed 25 people and left hundreds homeless.