Nick Kyrgios confirms he will feature in upcoming Netflix documentary series

·

Nick Kyrgios has confirmed his life is being filmed as part of an upcoming Netflix documentary series, which will shine a light on the world of tennis.

Kyrgios will join world No.4 Stefanos Tsitsipas in the Netflix series, after the Greek tennis player recently confirmed his participation as well.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Kyrgios said he put his hand up to take part in filming because he wants to change the stigma of tennis being “a very white privileged sport.”

Kyrgios is set to star in a yet-to-be-named Netflix documentary.

“I loved the fact that I was able to show my path and the way I go about it and how I connect with people,” Kyrgios told the national newspaper.

“I think it’s a very different side to how people would perceive most tennis players. I think it’s a special thing for other coloured athletes that do want to play tennis to see myself, you know, you have (Frances) Tiafoe out there right now, (Naomi) Osaka, us doing it the way we are doing it.”

This comes as Kyrgios has been the centre of a number of tennis controversies over the last few weeks.

Nick Kyrgios was slapped with $35,000 in fines for his Miami meltdown. Picture: Matthew Stockman/Getty Images/AFP.

He was fined for losing his cool during a quarter-final loss to Rafael Nadal at Indian Wells, which included almost hitting a ball boy with his racquet after throwing it in frustration.

Earlier this week, at the Miami Open during his fourth-round defeat against Italy’s Jannik Sinner, Kyrgios was also issued a total $35,000 fine for four separate incidents including audible obscenity, unsportsmanlike conduct and verbal abuse.

All these incidents are guaranteed to provide good viewing for people who watch the Netflix series.

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Melbourne Food & Wine Festival serves Greek heritage at World’s Longest Lunch

The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival will run from 20 to 29 March, offering a 10-day program of 200 events.

AI artist Dimitrii becomes breakout star for rejected creator

A Melbourne creator who spent decades facing rejection in the entertainment industry has unexpectedly broken through thanks to AI persona.

Theo James draws on Greek family history to urge Korean support for refugees

For actor and UNHCR goodwill ambassador Theo James, the global refugee crisis is rooted in a personal story.

Alex Mangos brings mango season to Christmas in Oran Park

Alex Mangos has given his usual Christmas setup a tropical makeover this year, marking the arrival of mango season with a playful twist.

Greece draws wealth: Over 1,200 millionaires expected to relocate in 2025

Recent arrivals-from Novak Djokovic to investors like Richard Xiao and Tom Greenwood-reflect a broader pattern.

You May Also Like

Brisbane entrepreneurs sell cybersecurity start-up Assetnote for over $100 million

Brisbane-based entrepreneurs Michael Gianarakis and Shubham Shah have sold their cybersecurity start-up, Assetnote, for more than $100M.

Vasili’s Taxidi: The Incredible Story of ‘Paul’s Famous Hamburgers’ (Part Two)

‘Paul’s Famous Hamburgers’ has become such an award-winning business that it is recognised at a national level, and even beyond Australia’s borders.

Ukrainian refugees in Greece top 20,000 as Russia launches new eastern offensive

More than 20,094 Ukrainian refugees, of which 5,754 are children, have arrived in Greece since the start of Russia's invasion on February 24.