Nick Kyrgios furious after thieves break into tennis star’s $350,000 car

·

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios ranted on social media yesterday over thieves breaking into his $350,000 car, calling out the “low-lives” who got away with his wallet and clothes.

Nick Kyrgios was taking his new partner, Chiara Passari, to work at approximately 8am when he found his car had been broken into overnight.

“This message is to … the scums of Canberra,” he said in an Instagram story on Tuesday morning.

READ MORE: ‘You’re nuts but I love you’: Giannis Antetokounmpo spreads tennis love to Nick Kyrgios

“I come to my car and it’s been broken into. Nothing in my car, thankfully … has been broken.”

“These are things I worked for, show some f—ing respect.”

Kyrgios proceeded by venting to his 1.4 million Instagram followers that he would prefer people simply ask him for money, rather than take his hard earned fortune.

 Nick Kyrgios took to Instagram on Tuesday outraged after his car was broken into. Picture: Dion Georgopoulos

“I’d rather you just knock on my door, I’ll put food in your mouth … I can put clothes on your body, I can give you a shower even,” the tennis player adds.

“Don’t break into someone’s car and take their s–t.”

Kyrgios donated much of his time this year to Australia’s younger, highly ambitious tennis players while on a competitive tennis break, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

READ MORE: Nick Kyrgios pays sweet virtual visit to Queensland Children’s Hospital
READ MORE: NK Foundation inspiring tennis community with new facility development in Canberra

Opting to skip this years US Open, the Cypriot Australian tennis star payed a virtual visit to the Queensland Children’s Hospital in September.

The 25-year-old tennis player spoke with die-hard tennis fans Hayden, who was in hospital in Brisbane, and Claire at the Gold Coast University Hospital.

“I just want to say all you guys are amazing, you’re incredibly strong and I’m always thinking of you,” Kyrgios said from his Canberra home at the end of the visit.

“Stay strong, stay happy. I’d love to come back. I’d love to talk to more kids and also some of the workers.”

The NK Foundation, founded by Kyrgios, also made its first steps as a government funded initiative after securing funds to develop a Gungahlin tennis facility in Canberra.

“For all the families in the Gungahlin region, this facility will fill the desperate need for tennis courts in the area,” Nick Kyrgios wrote on Facebook.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

South Melbourne FC finish runners-up after strong OFC Pro League campaign

South Melbourne FC’s remarkable run in the inaugural OFC Pro League came to a narrow end on Sunday night, with Hellas going down 2-1...

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

You May Also Like

Greece’s 2026 budget to deliver €3.2bn in permanent income support

More than 5 million Greek households will receive permanent income support from 2026 under measures totalling €3.2 billion annually.

Over 7,000 patrons attend 2025 Melbourne Greek Film Festival as encore sessions are announced

Over 7,000 patrons attended a session of the 2025 Greek Film Festival, the 30th festival celebrating Greek cinema and film.

Keys to Bexley Bowling Club officially handed over to AHEPA NSW

The keys to Bexley Bowling Club in southern Sydney have been officially handed over to AHEPA NSW Inc on Friday, October 28.