The Greek Orthodox Community of New South Wales (GOCNSW) have made the following announcement regarding their upcoming elections:
- The elections will be held on Sunday, 26 November 2023, at the Greek Community Club building, 206-210 Lakemba St, Lakemba.
- All members in good standing are entitled to vote. Members must be registered in the GOCNSW register prior to 26 May 2023.
- Applications for nomination for the Board of Directors of the GOCNSW will be accepted by the Election Committee until November 11, 2023 at 6pm (14 days before the election). People have the right to nominate members who were registered before April 8, 2023.
- Members who are unable to attend on the day of the election and vote in person may, in accordance with the constitution, vote by proxy. The forms or handwritten proxy forms must be submitted to the Election Committee at the offices of the Community by Thursday, November 23, 2023, at 8.30 am.
- Supplemental instructions and forms for proxy voting and nomination form will be sent to members by mail.
- Members who have changed their address and have not informed the Community, should do so as soon as possible.
- All members are invited to contribute to the elections by coming and voting in person or submit their proxy as early as possible.