UTS Hellenic elects its 2022 Committee with the hope COVID won’t hinder events

·

Hoping to put behind the outgoing year which negatively affected much of its activities, the Hellenic Society of the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) elected its new Committee for 2022 which sees a boost of six newcomers.

The Annual General Meeting of the Society took place on Thursday, November 25 and it was conducted electronically through Zoom.

UTS Hellenic’s new President, Dimitri Kallos, expressed his excitement for what next year could offer university students.

“University societies have been riddled with issues due to COVID-19 for pretty much the last two years,” Mr Kallos said.

“We are hopeful that next year will see a rebirth for our societies, including a plethora of face-to-face events, as well as general in-person interactions.

“Our team consists of four experienced members that served in the previous Committee and six newcomers who have already impressed us with their enthusiasm.

“I am very proud of my fellow Committee members and I am looking forward to us developing a calendar of events next year which will focus on entertainment but more importantly, on Greek language and culture which will allow us to highlight our proud Hellenic heritage.”

All office holders and Committee members were elected unopposed.

The full Committee is:

• President – Dimitri Kallos
  • Vice President – Yanni Marathocabitis
  • Treasurer – Constance Botsikas
  • Secretary – Antonia Moulos
  • Events/ Social Media Officer – Karly Vouros
  • Cultural Officer – Katerina Andrews
  • General Committee: Nadine Zeritis, Peter Litsas, Despina Tsolakis, Ellen Kalantzis

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Latest News

How Commodore John Stavridis commemorates ANZAC Day every year

Every year, on April 25, Australians honour all those who have fallen, those who have served and all of those who continue to serve.

Australian track and field athlete Mikeala Selaidinakos aims to qualify for Paris Olympics

On Thursday 25 April, Australian track and field athlete Mikeala Selaidinakos will depart for the World Athletics Relays Bahamas 24.

‘I get closer to my faith’: Greek Orthodox people on the importance of fasting for Easter

With Orthodox Easter around the corner, the Lent period leading up to Holy Saturday and Anastasi continues.

Honouring the memory of dual ANZAC Constantine Aroney BEM at his restored grave

Each year on ANZAC Day we commemorate those who fought and died at Gallipoli in 1915 and those brave men and women who have fought since.

Women’s justice champ unveils the untold story of WWII ANZACs from Brunswick to Greece

Phil Cleary's latest project, “Gladys and the Brunswick Boys,” delves into the experiences of World War II ANZACs who fought in Greece.

You May Also Like

Greek coffee: Better for you than regular coffee?

Most of us kick start our day with a cup of coffee. First thing in the morning we need that caffeine hit to wake us up.

Westpac slams Bill Papas evidence, Sydney tycoon pleads for cash to fly to Australia

Bill Papas, the man at the centre of nearly $400 million worth of fraud allegations, has been accused of lying in a sworn affidavit.

Greek Australian Celina Michael progresses to next round on The Voice Greece

21-year-old Sydney-born singer, Celina Michael, progressed to the battle rounds on The Voice Greece on Saturday night.