Zoe Samios named as finalist in the NRMA Kennedy Awards 2020

·

The Sydney Morning Herald‘s media and telecommunications reporter, Zoe Samios, has been nominated for Young Journalist of the Year in this year’s NRMA Kennedy Awards for Excellence in Journalism.

The Greek Australian will go up against two other finalists in the category, including Lauren Golman from A Current Affair and Joshua Hanrahan from Daily Mail Australia.

Zoe tells The Greek Herald exclusively that she was “surprised but honoured to be nominated.”

“I’m really surprised but honoured to be nominated for Young Journalist of The Year. I love writing and uncovering stories and journalism is a career where I get to do both,” Zoe tells The Greek Herald.

“It has been a big, fun first year working in newspapers and I am very privileged to have editors who have supported me and have helped me get to where I am today.”

Zoe has previously written for The Australian and Mumbrella.

Kennedy Foundation chairman and judge, Rocco Fazzari, said the judges were highly impressed with the calibre of entries this year.

“In a massive news year, the standard of submissions is exceptional in every category,” Fazzari said.

“From investigative journalism to news breaking, superb feature writing, incredible pictorial entries and wonderful artwork, a class field has emerged to contest the coveted Spirax trophies.”

We wish Zoe the best of luck with her nomination!

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Almost one month later, Melbourne celebrates Greek National Day with parade

By Mary Sinanidis Thousands of Greek Australians gathered at South Melbourne FC's Lakeside Stadium in Albert Park on Sunday, April 14, for the annual parade...

Honouring Greek Parliamentarians at Melbourne Community’s vibrant gathering

By Mary Sinanidis Greek Community of Melbourne (GCM) President Bill Papastergiadis detailed the last-minute efforts undertaken to organise a reception for a whirlwind visit of...

Kalymnian Brotherhood of Darwin in turmoil over caretaker dispute

The Kalymnian Brotherhood of Darwin is in turmoil due to legal disputes between its caretakers and president. The matters have been taken to the Darwin...

Federal Minister calls for life ban on carer Anastasia Moutsos after sickening video of assault

In a recent investigation by 60 Minutes, three women were found to have bullied and assaulted a woman with cerebral palsy, Lee-Anne Mackey. The footage revealed...

Construction begins on new waterfront Pier Pavilion at Barangaroo

Construction has now commenced for the new and iconic Pier Pavilion at Watermans Cove in Barangaroo. The design was chosen based on a national competition...

You May Also Like

Corfu serial rapist re-arrested and held on new rape charge

A convicted serial rapist released early from a half-century prison term was under police guard in a Corfu hospital on Monday after suffering severe...

Minister Courtney Houssos slams delay to remove flammable cladding from NSW apartment buildings

The state government remains under fire to act on promises to remove flammable cladding from some 239 high-risk apartment towers.  Courtney Houssos, Shadow Minister for...

Fire breaks out in refugee camp in Samos [VIDEO]

A second fire in one week broke out in the refugee camp on Samos on Sunday evening. Two or three containers at the Samos...