Zoe Markos named first Head of Creative Space at Greek Australian Film Society

·

Zoe Markos has been named as the new and first Head of Department for Creative Space at the Greek Australian Film Society.

Zoe is a Greek-Australian actress, writer, and producer. She was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. In 2019, Zoe completed a bachelor of film production at the SAE Institute of Creative Media. She has trained as an actor both domestically and internationally in Los Angeles. She continues to create her own work and tell stories of importance. In 2023, she completed a diploma in entertainment journalism at Collarts in Melbourne. She is also the host and producer of the weekly podcast Let Me Talk, which discusses guests’ journeys within the entertainment industry and raises awareness of important topics.

“I was interested in joining the GAFS family as the head of the Creative Space because I think it is so important to tell Greek stories from the perspective of the new generation of Greek-Australian filmmakers. I grew up watching films like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which I loved, and I admired that Nia Vardalos gave us characters that young women and men like me were able to relate to, as at that time there wasn’t much representation of ethnic backgrounds. I want to be that for this generation; I want them to find someone they relate to in the films and have them feel seen and heard.”

As many are aware, our GAFS Spaces can be conceptualised as “Categories of Engagement” – avenues through which GAFS members have the opportunity to deepen their participation with our Society; whether through artistic creation, production, events-planning or other. These Spaces are open to all GAFS members and are entirely voluntary.

With Zoe as the first and new head of our Creative Space, the Space is now open for members to begin the process of creating our own GAFS material under the umbrella of our core principles. For those interested in learning more and being a part of the Creative Space, email info@gafsinc.org for a full overview.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Greece leads athlete parade along Seine at Paris Olympics’ historic opening ceremony

The Greek Olympic team led the athlete parade along the Seine River during the Paris Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday, July 26.

Grateful organ recipient Dimitri Tsekinis shares story of survival for DonateLife Week

A lifeline was handed not once but twice to 43-year-old Dimitri Tsekinis when he was the recipient of two organs.

2024 Odyssey Art Prize: GOCSA announces open call for visual artists

The Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia’s Odyssey Festival celebrates 17 years of presence in Adelaide's cultural scene this year.

Dr Phil Kafcaloudes to explore ‘going English’ in lecture on Greek migration

"In a name-proud Greek culture, the decision to anglicise one’s family name is a profound study in migratory and cultural dynamics," says Dr Kafcaloudes.

Peter Kiritsis sells million-dollar Adelaide home as grandfather gifts it to grandkids

An Adelaide grandfather has set a new standard for grandparent gifts by purchasing a 1960s-built home for his grandchildren at auction.

You May Also Like

Catch up on every part of Eleni Elefterias’ ‘Insight or Perspective’ column

Eleni's weekly column has everything from providing Greek school and teaching advice, to looking at the shifting migrant landscape in Australia.

Australian Open: Sakkari eliminated whilst Kyrgios, Kokkinakis and Tsitsipas impress

There was a lot of action at the Australian Open on the weekend with Sakkari being eliminated, whilst Kyrgios, Kokkinakis and Tsitsipas won.

Greek Australian students named among the 2023 ‘HSC Top Achievers in Course’

There are quite a few Australian students with Greek heritage on the 'HSC Top Achievers in Course' list this year. Find out more.