Zoe Markos named first Head of Creative Space at Greek Australian Film Society

·

Zoe Markos has been named as the new and first Head of Department for Creative Space at the Greek Australian Film Society.

Zoe is a Greek-Australian actress, writer, and producer. She was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. In 2019, Zoe completed a bachelor of film production at the SAE Institute of Creative Media. She has trained as an actor both domestically and internationally in Los Angeles. She continues to create her own work and tell stories of importance. In 2023, she completed a diploma in entertainment journalism at Collarts in Melbourne. She is also the host and producer of the weekly podcast Let Me Talk, which discusses guests’ journeys within the entertainment industry and raises awareness of important topics.

“I was interested in joining the GAFS family as the head of the Creative Space because I think it is so important to tell Greek stories from the perspective of the new generation of Greek-Australian filmmakers. I grew up watching films like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which I loved, and I admired that Nia Vardalos gave us characters that young women and men like me were able to relate to, as at that time there wasn’t much representation of ethnic backgrounds. I want to be that for this generation; I want them to find someone they relate to in the films and have them feel seen and heard.”

As many are aware, our GAFS Spaces can be conceptualised as “Categories of Engagement” – avenues through which GAFS members have the opportunity to deepen their participation with our Society; whether through artistic creation, production, events-planning or other. These Spaces are open to all GAFS members and are entirely voluntary.

With Zoe as the first and new head of our Creative Space, the Space is now open for members to begin the process of creating our own GAFS material under the umbrella of our core principles. For those interested in learning more and being a part of the Creative Space, email info@gafsinc.org for a full overview.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Dutton promises to slash migrant intake, ban foreign property buyers in Budget reply

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton has vowed to slash permanent migration and ban foreign investors from buying established homes for two years.

Greece’s oldest woman dies aged 119

Greece's oldest woman Eleni Baroulakis died on Tuesday, May 14 at the age of 119 on the Greek island of Crete.

Pontian Society of Sydney donates Panagia Soumela icon to St Stephanos church

The Pontian Society of Sydney Panagia Soumela has presented an icon of Panagia Soumela to the church of St Stephanos at Hurlstone Park.

Australia’s first Greek Orthodox church to reopen

The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church (Aghia Triada) in Surry Hills, Sydney is set to reopen on Sunday, June 2. Read more here.

New committee elected to lead Victoria’s Greek National Day Council

A new executive committee to lead Victoria's Greek National Day Council was elected at a meeting on Monday, May 13.

You May Also Like

Mateja Sardelis and her girl band, G-Nation, in the final of The Voice Australia

Mateja Sardelis and her girl band, G-Nation, are in the final of The Voice Australia for this year under Rita Ora.

Cypriots begin clean up after deadly forest fire spreads through villages, farms

A deadly fire that claimed four lives and has been described as the most destructive blaze in Cyprus’ history is now fully under control.

Giakoumakis signs for Celtic on transfer deadline day, joins Postecoglou at the club

Last season's top scorer in the Dutch league cited the Greek-Australian's presence as the main reason for signing with the Celts. It was one of...