Young entrepreneur, Lukas Tsimopoulos, makes six figures a month via online business

·

Greek Australian, Lukas Tsimopoulos, started his small-time eBay business at just 14 and now the 20-year-old from South Australia is making a staggering $100,000 a month by selling products online.

He told Australian media outlet, news.com.au, that he first started selling items on eBay as a teenager driven by “boredom” at school.

“When I first started my business ventures I was 13 or 14 and still at school. I started with eBay, selling random products on the side sourced from suppliers. I did it on and off to make enough money for a 14-year-old to get by,” Lukas told news.com.au.

The 20-year-old from Adelaide started selling things online at the age of 14.

At the same time, the Adelaide local was working in the family restaurant his parents ran until they sold the business. Lukas eventually decided to go out on his own, using his previous experience with selling on eBay to create a now lucrative online business.

Lukas’ business involves “dropshipping.” Acting as a middleman, dropshipping doesn’t require a business to keep products in stock. Instead, the store sells the product and passes on the sales order to a third-party supplier who then ships the order to the customer.

“I was just trying to make enough money to replace a normal income. I just wanted a decent income like $1500 a week,” he said. “I didn’t think it would turn into a $100k-a-month business.”

This success sees Lukas approached all the time by young entrepreneurs who want to do the same thing.

“Friends approach me and say they want to start dropshipping. But it takes time and work, it doesn’t just happen overnight,” he said.

Lukas offers a “blueprint” program to help get other entrepreneurs started with dropshipping, which involves detailed advice on how to create stores and validate products to be able to sell them online successfully.

“I’ve had a lot of people reach out. I offer a lot of free advice on my profile as well as open mentorship programs,” he said.

In terms of his future, Lukas plans “to continue to scale up and better myself.”

“I’ve earned money but that’s not my overall goal,” he said. “It’s to build brands and to continue to grow the business… I definitely want to grow the business beyond $100K a month.”

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Fresco of Helen of Troy uncovered at Pompeii

Nearly 2,000 years since it was buried by volcanic rubble, the lost city of Pompeii is yielding even more impressive discoveries. According to msn.com, archeologists...

New casual Greek restaurant brings meze and cocktails to Adelaide’s CBD

Andrew Papadakis, the visionary who founded and successfully sold Meze Mazi, returns to the vibrant Adelaide restaurant scene with his newest venture, Dino’s. According to...

Two Greek women included in ’30 Under 30′ Forbes list

In this year's European Forbes "30 Under 30" list, two exceptional Greek women have managed to stand out for their successful paths in two...

2,300-year-old tomb unearthed in Greece

A tomb in the ancient Macedonian city of Aegae in modern Vergina, Greece, has been unearthed according to an All That’s Interesting report. The tomb is believed...

Yorgos Lanthimos’ new movie ‘Kinds of Kindness’ included in Cannes lineup

New films from Yorgos Lanthimos, Andrea Arnold and Francis Ford Coppola, as well as a portrait of 1980s Donald Trump, will compete for the...

You May Also Like

Emmy Mavroidis: A Greek Australian artist’s residency experience in France

A recent residency at DRAWinternational in Caylus, France, brought together artists from different corners of the world, creating an unforgettable experience of artistic collaboration.  Emmy...

Despina Savva stuns with amazing singing talent on The Voice Australia 2020

Greek Australian, Despina Savva, stunned judges and viewers with her rendition of Billie Eilish's hit song 'idontwannabeyouanymore' at the blind auditions for The Voice...

John Mitroussidis: The migrant who devotes his life to the Greeks of Adelaide

By Doris Falidis Nickolas This is the story of an aspiring patriotic young man from Flambouro, Greece, who immigrated to Australia, devoting his life to...