Young entrepreneur, Lukas Tsimopoulos, makes six figures a month via online business

·

Greek Australian, Lukas Tsimopoulos, started his small-time eBay business at just 14 and now the 20-year-old from South Australia is making a staggering $100,000 a month by selling products online.

He told Australian media outlet, news.com.au, that he first started selling items on eBay as a teenager driven by “boredom” at school.

“When I first started my business ventures I was 13 or 14 and still at school. I started with eBay, selling random products on the side sourced from suppliers. I did it on and off to make enough money for a 14-year-old to get by,” Lukas told news.com.au.

The 20-year-old from Adelaide started selling things online at the age of 14.

At the same time, the Adelaide local was working in the family restaurant his parents ran until they sold the business. Lukas eventually decided to go out on his own, using his previous experience with selling on eBay to create a now lucrative online business.

Lukas’ business involves “dropshipping.” Acting as a middleman, dropshipping doesn’t require a business to keep products in stock. Instead, the store sells the product and passes on the sales order to a third-party supplier who then ships the order to the customer.

“I was just trying to make enough money to replace a normal income. I just wanted a decent income like $1500 a week,” he said. “I didn’t think it would turn into a $100k-a-month business.”

This success sees Lukas approached all the time by young entrepreneurs who want to do the same thing.

“Friends approach me and say they want to start dropshipping. But it takes time and work, it doesn’t just happen overnight,” he said.

Lukas offers a “blueprint” program to help get other entrepreneurs started with dropshipping, which involves detailed advice on how to create stores and validate products to be able to sell them online successfully.

“I’ve had a lot of people reach out. I offer a lot of free advice on my profile as well as open mentorship programs,” he said.

In terms of his future, Lukas plans “to continue to scale up and better myself.”

“I’ve earned money but that’s not my overall goal,” he said. “It’s to build brands and to continue to grow the business… I definitely want to grow the business beyond $100K a month.”

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Holy Synod approves new Constitution for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia

The Holy and Sacred Synod has unanimously approved the new Constitution of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia.

NT Government grants land for St Savvas of Kalymnos Greek Orthodox church in Darwin

The government of the Northern Territory has granted land for construction of the new St Savvas of Kalymnos Greek Orthodox church in Darwin.

Yiannis Pagkozidis to bring traditional folk culture to Australia’s 2nd Zeibekiko Festival

Australia is preparing to welcome the 2nd Zeibekiko Festival from September 27 this year thanks to Ventouris Productions.

Holy Trinity Footscray Philoptochos and the GCM support Royal Children’s Hospital

The Holy Trinity Footscray Philoptochos and the Greek Community of Melbourne raising money in support of the Royal Children's Hospital.

Angelina Jolie’s Maria Callas biopic receives 10-minute standing ovation in Venice

A biopic on Greek opera singer Maria Callas starring Angelina Jolie received a 10-minute standing ovation at the Venice Film Festival.

You May Also Like

Greek Community of Melbourne’s adult students discover the secrets of mastiha

The Greek Community of Melbourne's adult students enjoyed an event dedicated to unravelling the secrets of Mastiha.

18-year-old admits assault of police officer during volleyball clash

An 18-year-old confessed to assaulting a police officer during a volleyball match between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos in Rentis, Piraeus.

Simon Kennedy secures win at Cook by-election

The Liberal MP Simon Kennedy has been announced as the newest federal member of parliament, claiming the seat for cook