Pavlos Tsakiris wins prestigious EU Young Farmers Prize for 2020

·

36-year-old farmer, Pavlos Tsakiris, from Neochorouda in Thessaloniki has been named the winner of this year’s prestigious ‘EU Young Farmers Prize’ at the 6th European Congress of Young Farmers.

Tsakiris, who was up against 200 young farmers from 21 European Union member states, won first prize in the ‘Environmentally Sustainable Agriculture’ category for his work implementing environmental and climate practices in the agriculture field.

“I was distinguished and emerged as a winner by simply presenting my daily life and that excites me. It is the greatest reward,” Tsakiris told Greek media outlet, APE-MPE, after his win.

“I did not make a presentation and a video specifically for the competition. I really presented my daily life which seems like something ideal, but honestly it is what we apply to the Tsakiris Family.”

Tsakiris is the CEO of the Tsakiris Family, a family business which has worked in the agricultural and food industry since 1963 in northern Greece.

The company currently has 130,000 chickens while distributing over 4 million eggs per month. By 2021, the company is projected to have doubled its production to 260,000 chickens, with more than 70,000 being raised to organic standards. 

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Data breach hits Cyprus Community of NSW amid Stanmore property EOI campaign

The Cyprus Community of NSW has been struck by a data breach, leading to a wave of unauthorised communications sent to its members.

Adelaide Lord Mayor holds reception to mark centenary of Australia’s Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Lord Mayor of Adelaide Dr Jane Lomax-Smith held a reception in honour of the centenary of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia (GOAA).

Kon Karapanagiotidis and ASRC team raise over $1.4 million for refugees

Kon Karapanagiotidis OAM and his team raised just under one and a half million dollars for World Refugee Day in 17 hours.

Cypriots to gather at Melbourne’s Federation Square to mark 50 years since Turkish invasion

The Cyprus 50th Anniversary Action Group is calling on communities to join in marking the 50th anniversary of the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

Peter Courtis travels to Pearl Harbor for training on US nuclear-powered submarines

Nuclear shift test engineer, Peter Courtis will leave for Pearl Harbor on Saturday to work on US nuclear-powered submarines.

You May Also Like

Greece takes over Chairmanship of Council of Europe in bid to protect public health

The Greek Minister responsible for Foreign Affairs, Miltiadis Varvitsiotis, outlined the priorities of the Greek Chairmanship for the next six months.

EU unveils ‘digital green certificate’ for travel just in time for the European summer

The European Commission has unveiled a “digital green certificate” that could allow EU citizens to travel more freely within the bloc.

iSignthis ditches licence bid as John Karantzis moves to Cyprus

iSignthis has confirmed its chief executive, John Karantzis, has relocated to Cyprus after the ATO lifted a departure prevention order.