Pavlos Tsakiris wins prestigious EU Young Farmers Prize for 2020

·

36-year-old farmer, Pavlos Tsakiris, from Neochorouda in Thessaloniki has been named the winner of this year’s prestigious ‘EU Young Farmers Prize’ at the 6th European Congress of Young Farmers.

Tsakiris, who was up against 200 young farmers from 21 European Union member states, won first prize in the ‘Environmentally Sustainable Agriculture’ category for his work implementing environmental and climate practices in the agriculture field.

“I was distinguished and emerged as a winner by simply presenting my daily life and that excites me. It is the greatest reward,” Tsakiris told Greek media outlet, APE-MPE, after his win.

“I did not make a presentation and a video specifically for the competition. I really presented my daily life which seems like something ideal, but honestly it is what we apply to the Tsakiris Family.”

Tsakiris is the CEO of the Tsakiris Family, a family business which has worked in the agricultural and food industry since 1963 in northern Greece.

The company currently has 130,000 chickens while distributing over 4 million eggs per month. By 2021, the company is projected to have doubled its production to 260,000 chickens, with more than 70,000 being raised to organic standards. 

Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Pontians to hold Greek Genocide commemoration event in Sydney

On Sunday May 19, the Pontian Community of Sydney will host a Remembrance Day and Commemoration of the Greek Genocide.

SEKA Victoria screen the documentary ‘Journey into Cyprus – East to West’

SEKA Victoria presented the screening of the documentary film, Journey into Cyprus - East to West, on Sunday, April 28.

Queen Victoria Market: Your one-stop shop for produce this Orthodox Easter

Orthodox Easter is almost here and Queen Victoria Market is brimming with all the produce, goodies and gifts you need to celebrate on Sunday.

Greek Australian footballer Nik Constantinou signs with Denver Broncos

Former Texas A&M Aggies football punter, Nik Constantinou has signed on to play as an Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA) with NFL's Denver Broncos.

South Melbourne Powerchair FC crowned Victorian Premier League champions

South Melbourne Powerchair FC won the Victorian Premier League Championships on Sunday, defeating Westvale Olympic FC 3-2 after penalties.

You May Also Like

Justice for Greek journalist Emmanuel Kypraios after nine years

A court has ruled in favor of Emmanuel Kypraios, a journalist who became deaf after riot police threw a stun grenade at him during a protest in June 2011.

PM Mitsotakis visits Auschwitz on Holocaust Memorial Day

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, attended memorial events marking the 75th anniversary since the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau on January 27th. The Prime Minister attended a...

Maria Sakkari sends top seed Svitolina packing at Ostrava Open

Maria Sakkari is through to her third quarterfinal of the season after toppling top seed Elina Svitolina in straight sets at Ostrava.