Pandora Papamihail makes one woman’s charm bracelet dream a reality

·

In August 2022, Ineke Blakeman submitted a story from her childhood to ABC Radio National’s “Life in 500 Words” segment about her dream of owning a charm bracelet.

Touched by the story, listener, charm collector, and member of the International Vintage Charm Group, Pandora Papamihail, reached out to ABC RN’s producers asking to connect with Ineke.

Pandora spoke with Ineke and asked questions about her family and interests, with the intention of creating a personalised and meaningful charm bracelet for her.

In the end, Pandora, together with 13 other charm collectors from Australia, the US and the UK, donated 30 vintage and antique charms – including a miniature Volkswagen, the car Ineke’s father taught her to drive in, and forget-me-not flowers, which were grown by Ineke’s father who died when she was 18. 

In March 2023, Ineke and Pandora met for lunch in Sydney, along with charm collectors Kim and Kyria, and a friendship was born. 

“They’ve given this gorgeous and generous gift to me, someone they don’t even know, just because they were touched by my story,” Ineke told ABC News.

“Words can’t fully express my joy, amazement and gratitude for this… It has fulfilled a childhood dream.”

Source: ABC RN. 

DaneBank Mother's Day

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Cyprus Community of NSW begin Expression of Interest process for sale of Stanmore properties

Cyprus Community of NSW have begun the Expression of Interest process for the sale of properties it owns behind The Cyprus Club at Stanmore.

NSW Governor Margaret Beazley presented with Order of the Philochrist

NSW Governor Margaret Beazley was presented with the Order of the Philochrist by Archbishop Makarios of Australia on Sunday, May 5.

Council on the Ageing Victoria’s CEO Chris Potaris steps down

Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria and Seniors Rights Victoria CEO, Chris Potaris, has stepped down from the role. Read more here.

Barton Park a hit as St George Saints’ resilience sees past Sydney Olympic

St George Saints defeated former NSL rivals Sydney Olympic 2-1 at the refurbished Barton Park facility on a Saturday evening. 

Ex-West Tigers Chairman Lee Hagipantelis pulls $1 million backing from club

Former Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has terminated his $1 million Brydens Lawyers sponsorship of the NRL club.

You May Also Like

Greece’s National Boxing Team bags four medals at European Championships

Greece's National Boxing Team returned from Croatia on Monday with four medals after participating in the European Championship.

Council of State rules in favour of new police corps on university campuses

The Council of State, has ruled that legislation which provides for the creation of new police corps, does not violate academic freedom.

Turkey extends exploration in Mediterranean waters as Greece issues counter-Navtex

Two other vessels, the Ataman and Cengiz Han along with Oruc Reis will continue work in an area southeast of the Greek island of Rhodes until Oct. 27.