Terms and Conditions
1. Promotion: Christmas Giveaway (the “Promotion”).
2. Promoter: The Greek Herald (ABN: 75606771993, Ph: 02 95660500, 146 Joynton Ave, Zetland)
3. The Promotion commences on 01.12.2019 at 12:01AM AEST and ends on 11.12.2019 at 11.59PM AEST (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
4. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
5. Employees of the Promoter and the employee’s immediate families, its retailers, distributors, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted up to 11.12.2019 by 11.59PM AEST.
6. Entrants must be over the age of eighteen (18) to be eligible for entry in the Promotion.
7. The following promotional offers will be available as part of The Greek Herald’s 2019 Christmas Giveaway:
i. Enter The Greek Herald’s Christmas Giveaway via www.thegreekherald.com.au for your chance to win one (1) of six (6) x AUD 500 Delphi Bank Liberty Accounts.
ii. There is a total of six (6) prizes available to be won across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. Total prize value is AUD 3,000.
8. To be eligible for the Promotion (Win one (1) of six (6) x AUD 500 Delphi Bank Liberty Accounts), entrants must meet the below eligibility criteria:
i. In order for the entry to be valid, the entrant must complete a promotional entry form (available online via www.thegreekherald.com.au) during the Promotional Period. All entry forms must be completed in full and submitted online prior to the conclusion of the Promotional Period.
ii. Entrants are also encouraged to follow The Greek Herald (@greekherald) and Delphi Bank (@delphibank) on Facebook and Instagram during the Promotional Period.
iii. Entrants must advise what they love about the new website. The best answer wins.
9. Special Conditions:
i. This offer is valid and limited to individuals only.
10. The prize(s) is not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable for another prize(s) of equal or like value and is not redeemable for cash (including any unused portion). If a winner chooses not to take their prize(s) (or is unable to), they forfeit the prize(s) and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize(s).
i. The prize winner will be determined by the best answer to what they love about the new site.
ii. The selection for the prize will take place at The Greek Herald 146 Joynton Ave Zetland on:
a. 11/12/2019: Winner 1 announced
b. 12/12/2019: Winner 2 Announced
c. 13/12/2019: Winner 3 announced
d. 14/12/2019: Winner 4 announced
e. 15/12/2019: Winner 5 announced
f. 16/12/2019: Winner 6 announced
iii. One (1) prize will be chosen in total for each day for all entrants residing in Australia. The prize winner will be notified via phone, email, Facebook, or Instagram on the day of each prize selection based on the best answer by 5:00PM AEST to the phone number, email address, Facebook account, or Instagram account associated with the winner’s online entry form. All winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) on The Greek Herald’s website and newspaper in the Christmas edition of the paper on the 18th December 2019. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. The winner will be provided with an official email, confirming their prize win and associated details.
iv. This is a game of skill where the reader is required to provide the best answer.
v. By entering the Promotion, the entrant consents to their contact details (full name and email address or registered contact number) being provided to Delphi Bank for the purposes of electronic marketing communications, including news and special offers. The entrant can unsubscribe from Delphi Bank communications at any time, by following the prompts provided on these communications.
vi. If the customer does not wish for their contact details to be provided to Delphi Bank, they must specifically request to be removed at the time of transaction when undertaking a service(s) as part of The Greek Herald’s 2019 Christmas Giveaway. If the entrant has already unsubscribed from Delphi Bank electronic marketing communications in the past, the customer’s contact details will not be provided to Delphi Bank. The entrant will still be included in the Promotion, unless otherwise advised at the time of transaction, as outlined above.
vii. The prize winner must visit a Delphi Bank branch in person, to collect their prize.
11. The amount of the prize is correct at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the amount of the prize after that date. The Greek Herald and Delphi Bank reserve the right to alter the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion at any stage during the Promotional Period.
a. The prize winner must adhere to all Delphi Bank Liberty Account opening guidelines and requirements, relevant to the normal Terms and Conditions.
b. The prize winner will not need to deposit the minimum amount normally required under the normal Terms and Conditions of the Delphi Bank Liberty Account.
c. The prize winner will not incur any monthly fees normally deducted under the normal Terms and Conditions of the Delphi Bank Liberty Account. This arrangement will be indefinite until the account is closed by the account holder.
d. The prize is not transferable and will only be paid into the corresponding Delphi Bank Liberty Account in the prize winner’s name that is compatible with a Delphi Bank Eureka Visa Debit Card feature.
e. If the prize winner is an existing Delphi Bank customer, the prize will not be paid into an existing account. As per the Conditions of Entry (10, iii), the prize winner must open a new Delphi Bank Liberty Account by visiting a Delphi Bank Branch located in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia or Queensland, by completing the relevant account opening application form(s).
f. The prize winner must apply for the Delphi Bank Liberty Account within fourteen (14) days of being notified as the major prize winner.
g. To process the major prize, Delphi Bank requires a minimum of ten (10) working days to finalise the transaction.
h. To claim the prize, the prize winner must visit a Delphi Bank Branch located in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia or Queensland.
12. The entrant may only enter the Promotion once. Only one (1) entry per entrant will be accepted for the prize.
13. Before taking up any of Delphi Bank’s products or services you should consider if they are appropriate for you. Delphi Bank recommends that you read the respective Terms and Conditions and other Disclosure documents before deciding to acquire or use any of the Bank’s products or services. These documents can be obtained at any of our branches or on our website www.delphibank.com.au.
14. If required and subject to any direction under relevant state legislation, if the prize winner cannot be contacted, is unavailable to accept the prize by 30.12.2019 by 5:00PM AEST, and the prize remains unallocated or unclaimed for three (3) months after the end of the Promotional Period, they may be deemed ineligible to win and forfeit any entitlement to the prize (as determined by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion).
15. A copy of these Terms and Conditions will be available online via The Greek Herald’s website www.thegreekherald.com.au.
16. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
17. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the online entry. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid.
18. If the entrant has consented (“opted-in”) in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, their personal information will be disclosed to the Promoter. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically.
20. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter and any request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. The Promoter will not send, allow to be sent, or assist in the sending of one (1) or more unsolicited commercial electronic messages with an Australian link for purposes of the Spam Act, use or distribute any software designed to harvest email addresses or otherwise breach the Spam Act or the Spam Regulations 2004 (Cth).
21. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize.
22. If the prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The Terms and Conditions which apply to the prize at the time they are issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
23. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
24. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries.
25. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
28. The entrant will licence, assign, authorise, consent or otherwise transfer to the Promoter all intellectual property rights, title and interest (including moral rights) throughout the world in and to all material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter and acknowledges and agrees that the material may be used without further reference or compensation to them. The entrant may be required to sign documentation as provided by the Promoter to give effect to the above.
29. The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements.
30. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
31. Unless otherwise specified, the prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
33. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
34. Terms & Conditions generated on 26/11/2019.