Joshua Gotsis applies for bail following drug possession charges

·

A 23-year-old plumber from southern Sydney has applied for bail following a series of drug supply charges.

Police alleged that the man, Joshua Gotsis, sold more than 2000 bags of cocaine, making $500,000 in a few short months, while being under police surveillance.

The Daily Telegraph reported that Gotsis had been charged with large commercial drug supply, ongoing drug supply, dealing with crime proceeds, directing a criminal group, and failing to comply with a digital evidence access order which began from last August.

He allegedly made $35,000 weekly, and used a “central control phone” to communicate with 1900 contacts for drug orders.

In December 2023, Gotsis was arrested along with five others in the syndicate after police raided five homes in Thirlmere, Menai, Padstow, and Panania and uncovered 272.6g of cocaine, 33g of MDMA, $130,000 cash, $400,000 in luxury watches, $340,000 in vehicles, $95,000 in trail bikes and a gel blaster, which linked back to the men.

Four of the six men involved in the syndicate. (Left to right) Brandon Matavesi, Joshua Gotsis, Joshua Hargreaves and Kyle Russo. Photo: Facebook

Gotsis then sought bail with the support of his solicitor and grandparents. His solicitor, Elias Tabchouri said his grandparents would support and supervise him if released on house arrest, as they raised him from the age of 10, due to “deprivation at the severe level” in his childhood.

“Although he left school at 15 and struggled with ADHD, he fell into carpentry, then he goes to plumbing, he’s worked for two employers, got his full qualifications, he’s done all the right things,” Tabchouri said.

“He starts using MDMA and cocaine, as you often see around that age, he has a fight with his supervisor, he stops working … his cocaine use starts to escalate.”

Despite Mr Tabchouri’s statements, the prosecutor opposed his bail.

“Over 2000 bags of cocaine supplied to numerous persons all across Sydney – it’s an offence which is prevalent,” the prosecutor said.

“He is something of an orchestrator … he organised other persons to run the drugs.”

Joshua Gotsis is expected to return to court on February 13.

Source: The Daily Telegraph.

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

Michael Christofas shortlisted for national portrait prize with tribute to Kastellorizian women

Melbourne photographer Michael Christofas has been named a finalist in the 2026 Percival Photographic Portrait Prize in Townsville.

Memory gathers at double book launch: Rain-soaked readings of migration and storytelling

As rain lashed the windows of St Catherine’s Greek Orthodox Church Hall, warmth gathered around a long table laid with yiayia’s tablecloth.

The last thing born in Ephesus wasn’t marble, and Melbourne has the answer

When you hear the title The Library of Ephesus, you expect marble ruins and dusty scrolls. You do not expect soccer teams, Aristotle Onassis.

Filotimo on a plate: Neoléa and the Cretan Association bring Crete to Adelaide

Neoléa, in collaboration with the Cretan Association of South Australia, hosted an intimate and engaging culinary workshop on Sunday, May 17.

Pallaconians’ OPA Y2K Youth Night brings the 2000s back to Brunswick

More than 100 young people gathered at the Pallaconian Brotherhood’s Laconian House in Brunswick on Saturday, May 9.

You May Also Like

Arthur Sinodinos to give exclusive insight into US politics during video conference

The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is holding an exclusive 'Fireside Chat' video conference with Arthur Sinodinos AO.

Walk Down Memory Lane: Sydney Greek Schools in the 1970s

Back in the 1970s, for many children of migrant parents, going to Greek school wasn’t an option. It was a way of life which led to many cherished memories.

Bomb blasts target homes of journalist, unionist in Greece

Two separate bomb explosions have targeted a journalist and a unionist in the Greek capital, according to local media.