Fugitive bikie boss Mark Buddle deported to Turkey for handover to Australia

·

The boss of the Comanchero bikie gang in Australia, Mark Buddle, was arrested on Friday in the self-declared Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC).

According to reports by The Daily Telegraph, Buddle and members of his entourage were raided at gunpoint at home by Turkish and Turkish Cypriot police officers posing as the FBI.

The self-declared TRNC deported the Australian fugitive to the Turkish capital on Sunday where he is currently being processed before an expected handover to Australia.

Australian authorities are aware of the transfer to Ankara and are working on his extradition.

NSW Shadow Police Minister, Walt Secord said in a statement that the extradition could be a “lengthy process” but “it will send a strong and clear signal to other gang members that they cannot escape overseas and they will be held to account for their activities in Australia.”

In a statement made by the interior ministry of the self-declared republic, it was revealed that Buddle had been staying in the TRNC since last August, with residence granted due to his “high income”.

However early last week, the republic’s police directorate declared Buddle’s presence was “inconvenient in terms of public peace and security”.

National president of Comanchero outlaw bikie gang, Allan Meehan (third from left) with Mark Buddle (second from left), June 2022.

While seemingly on course for a return to Australian authorities, both police and underworld sources say the battle is “a long way from over”, citing the TRNC’s reputation for being a location where underworld figures can be arrested, only to then slip through the cracks.

“This is a long way from over, but the net is closing in on Buddle,” a senior Australian law enforcement officer told The Daily Telegraph.

Buddle, the Commander of the Australian arm of the Comanchero bikie club, fled Australia in 2016 when he was wanted for questioning over the murder of Armaguard security worker Gary Allibon.

The 44-year-old initially moved to Dubai, where he set up a new life with his partner Melanie Ter Wisscha, however, was forced to leave last year after a video surfaced showing him fighting with tourists by a resort pool.

Since then he has been moving from country to country, including Greece, Iraq, Turkey and Lebanon.

Comanchero bikie boss Mark Buddle with his partner and the mother of his daughters, Melanie Ter Wisscha.

SOURCE: The Daily Telegraph, Cyprus Mail

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Genocide mentioned in Victorian Parliament

The movement for the recognition of the Genocide of the Armenians, Assyrians and Greeks has gained momentum in Victorian Parliament this week.

Evzones to lead ANZAC tributes and cultural celebrations in Adelaide and Sydney

The Evzones will visit Australia from 23 April to 4 May 2025, participating in Anzac Day and a series of cultural events.

Consent education safe as Chanel Contos responds to Dutton’s ‘indoctrination’ pledge

Peter Dutton has pledged a Coalition government would review the national school curriculum to eliminate “indoctrination.”

Alexia Apostolakis joins Matildas as train-on player

Melbourne City defender, Alexia Apostolakis, has been called into the Matildas squad as a train-on player ahead of the upcoming friendlies.

Rugby chief Peter V’landys addresses speculation about his future

Peter V’landys, chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission and CEO of Racing NSW, has addressed speculation about his future.

You May Also Like

Results released for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek exam

The Greek Community of Melbourne (GCM) has announced that the first Certificate of Attainment in Greek Examination had successful results.

SYRIZA to elect new party leader

Elections to select the new leader of SYRIZA-Progressive Alliance party will be held Sunday, September 17.

Victims of former Labor MP Milton Orkopoulos reveal impact of abuse in court

Three victim impact statements were read to the NSW District Court on Friday detailing the impact of the 26 offences Orkopoulos committed.