Nick Kyrgios furious after thieves break into tennis star’s $350,000 car

·

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios ranted on social media yesterday over thieves breaking into his $350,000 car, calling out the “low-lives” who got away with his wallet and clothes.

Nick Kyrgios was taking his new partner, Chiara Passari, to work at approximately 8am when he found his car had been broken into overnight.

“This message is to … the scums of Canberra,” he said in an Instagram story on Tuesday morning.

READ MORE: ‘You’re nuts but I love you’: Giannis Antetokounmpo spreads tennis love to Nick Kyrgios

“I come to my car and it’s been broken into. Nothing in my car, thankfully … has been broken.”

“These are things I worked for, show some f—ing respect.”

Kyrgios proceeded by venting to his 1.4 million Instagram followers that he would prefer people simply ask him for money, rather than take his hard earned fortune.

 Nick Kyrgios took to Instagram on Tuesday outraged after his car was broken into. Picture: Dion Georgopoulos

“I’d rather you just knock on my door, I’ll put food in your mouth … I can put clothes on your body, I can give you a shower even,” the tennis player adds.

“Don’t break into someone’s car and take their s–t.”

Kyrgios donated much of his time this year to Australia’s younger, highly ambitious tennis players while on a competitive tennis break, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

READ MORE: Nick Kyrgios pays sweet virtual visit to Queensland Children’s Hospital
READ MORE: NK Foundation inspiring tennis community with new facility development in Canberra

Opting to skip this years US Open, the Cypriot Australian tennis star payed a virtual visit to the Queensland Children’s Hospital in September.

The 25-year-old tennis player spoke with die-hard tennis fans Hayden, who was in hospital in Brisbane, and Claire at the Gold Coast University Hospital.

“I just want to say all you guys are amazing, you’re incredibly strong and I’m always thinking of you,” Kyrgios said from his Canberra home at the end of the visit.

“Stay strong, stay happy. I’d love to come back. I’d love to talk to more kids and also some of the workers.”

The NK Foundation, founded by Kyrgios, also made its first steps as a government funded initiative after securing funds to develop a Gungahlin tennis facility in Canberra.

“For all the families in the Gungahlin region, this facility will fill the desperate need for tennis courts in the area,” Nick Kyrgios wrote on Facebook.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Dr Christos Theologos: ‘Dance keeps us bound to our roots, from Chios to Sydney’

As part of the Zeibekiko Festival Australia, respected folklorist Dr Christos Theologos will lead a series of lectures and workshops.

South Melbourne turns to supporters ahead of Australian Championship kick-off

The opening clash of the Australian Championship will be an event shaped by the voices of the fans themselves.

Low birth rates and ageing: The silent enemy of the Greek nation

From the late 1990s it had become clear to Greek demographers and social scientists that the number of births in Greece was falling.

Peta Trimis: The new star of Australian football with a Hellenic soul

At just 19 years old, Peta Trimis is already being hailed as one of the brightest young stars of Australian football.

A second chance at life: Angelo Alateras’ journey from mechanical heart to transplant hope

After years on life support, 80kgs lost, and 615 days of physio, Angelo finally received the gift of a new heart.

You May Also Like

‘You make us proud’: Greece’s Foreign Minister sends Christmas message to Greek Australians

Greek Foreign Minister, Nikos Dendias, has issued an exclusive message to The Greek Herald to send his Christmas wishes to Greek Australians.

Maria Sakkari advances to next round at Adelaide International

Maria Sakkari delivered a strong performance at the Adelaide International today, ]securing a spot in the tournament’s last 16.

Oakleigh Grammar students hold school assembly to mark Greek Revolution bicentenary

Oakleigh Grammar students celebrated the bicentenary of the Greek Revolution with flags, poems, songs and dance at a special school assembly.