The Greek-Australian Cultural League has extended the submission time for its Literary Competition 2023.
You can now submit your works by the new date Friday, July 14, 2023.
The competition comprises works written in the Greek or English language, by writers residing in Australia, and are over 18 years old, in the following categories: Poetry and Short story.
The winning entries in each category in each language will be published in Issue No. 69, 2023 of the annual bi-lingual periodical of the League, ANTIPODES. The results of the Literary Competition will be announced at a special function, date yet to be announced.
Below are the Rules of the Literary Competition and the Application for Participation that you may send together with your works to the e-mail address email@example.com.
2023 Literary Competition rules:
- The Literary Competition covers work written in either Greek or English in the following categories: poetry and short stories by writers residing in Australia and are over 18 years old.
- Participants are required to complete a registration form which can be downloaded from the Greek-Australian Cultural League website (www.gacl.com.au) and should be emailed to the Literary Competition address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the application form included at the end of this letter and email it).
- The adjudication will be separate for each language.
- Participants may submit work in one or all the categories and in one or both languages, with only one piece in each category they choose.
- Works that do not comply with the limits of content, as prescribed below, will be automatically rejected and will not be forwarded to the Judging Panel.
- Content limits: Poem: 100 verses (lines); Short story: 2000 words.
- All submissions should be the original work(s) of the authors and should not have been submitted in another competition or have been previously published.
- Each work submitted should be signed by a pseudonym (nom de plume) and the same pseudonym should be used in signing all the entries submitted by the same person.
- Each competition entry should be sent only electronically (Word document attachment) to the competition email address: email@example.com. Additionally, in a separate text sent to the same email address, participants are required to forward their particulars, including the pseudonym, the full name, address and telephone numbers and also, the number of verses in their poems and number of words in their short stories.
- The First Prize in each category and in each language will be a commemorative certificate and a monetary prize. The Second and Third Prizes and any Commendations will have a relevant award certificate and books.
- In all categories and languages, the works awarded First Prize will be published in the 69th issue of the periodical Antipodes.