St Basil’s NSW send message of support to members of Melbourne nursing home after cases surge

·

St Basils NSW/ACT have sent a message of love and support to their partners in Victoria as St Basil’s Fawkner is struck with a COVID-19 outbreak.

So far there have been 51 cases of COVID-19 recorded at St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner, in Melbourne’s north, up from 13 the previous day.

A spokesperson for the Aged Care and Senior Australians minister, Senator Richard Colbeck, confirmed that the federal health department was assisting the centre’s management.

“The management of St Basil’s Home for the Aged remains in control of the facility with the support of the Commonwealth Health Department,” he said.

St Basil’s Home for the Aged in Fawkner. Photo: Google Maps

“Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, local public health and DHHS representatives are all on site.

“A full assessment is currently being undertaken to determine the appropriate clinical response in the interests of all residents.”

While the federal government have provided support to those in danger in Victoria, residents and staff members of St Basils NSW/ACT have sent a message of encouragement for the residents in Melbourne.

We are following the developments of the Coronavirus infections at St Basil’s Faulkner in Victoria with sadness. The…

Posted by St Basils NSW & ACT on Tuesday, 21 July 2020

“While St Basil’s Victoria is separate to our St Basils NSW/ACT organisation, our hearts go out to all involved during these challenging times,” the statement says.

St Basils NSW/ACT added that they have been restricting access to visitors since 16 July due to the growing numbers of infection in the Sydney areas close to our facilities.

“At this point, St Basil’s NSW/ACT remains very alert to, but not directly impacted by, COVID-19 infections.

“We thank our residents and families for working with us to implement our COVID-19 outbreak prevention plans and ask that we all continue to take every action we can to prevent the virus from its spread in Sydney.”

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Latest News

The power of scrap paper: A soldier’s Battle of Crete journey resurrected

Anthony’s journey into the stories of Crete’s wartime past began with a discovery linking his family to the Greek-ANZAC alliance of WWII.

Sydney’s best Greek restaurants for an authentic Mediterranean feast

Sydney’s Greek dining scene is thriving, offering everything from classic souvlaki to elevated Mediterranean feasts.

Andrew Cochineas sets Mosman record with $50 million mansion purchase

Andrew Cochineas and his wife Lisette have emerged as the buyers behind Mosman’s record-breaking $50 million mansion sale.

Greece unveils its first humanoid robot for factory work

Greece has taken a step into advanced robotics with the creation of the country’s first domestically developed industrial humanoid robot.

Pontic Greek genocide to become part of Cyprus school curriculum

Public schools across Cyprus will officially teach and commemorate the genocide of the Pontic Greeks.

You May Also Like

Hellenic Village sale enters critical phase as proceeds and priorities come into focus

Hellenic Village’s land sale moves into a decisive phase, as member organisations weigh how proceeds will shape the community’s future.

Greek custard dessert recipe (Galaktoboureko)

Christina from Pieces of Greece shares with us her recipe for this traditional Greek dessert that is sure to please your guests.

41st Greek Festival of Sydney officially kicks off

The 41st Greek Festival of Sydney was officially launched on Thursday with a formal dinner at The Grand Roxy in Brighton-Le-Sands, Sydney.