Two Australians of Greek heritage win in the prestigious LawyersWeekly Awards

·

The winners of the LawyersWeekly Corporate Counsel Summit & Awards 2022 have been announced and among the names are two Australians of Greek heritage – Elizabeth Tsitsikronis and Calli Tsipidis.

Elizabeth Tsitsikronis:

Tsitsikronis is a proud Aboriginal and Greek woman from the Yuin nation on the NSW south coast, and she was named ‘Government Lawyer of the Year’ for her work with the Department of Planning and Environment.

She tells The Greek Herald that being recognised for the award “is such an honour.”

Elizabeth Tsitsikronis was named ‘Government Lawyer of the Year’ for her work with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.

“I hope this serves as a demonstration to all that with determination, courage, and bravery you can make a difference and achieve great things, no matter who you are or where you have come from!” Tsitsikronis adds.

Calli Tsipidis:

Tsipidis offers legal counsel to Australia’s Foxtel Group and won ‘Sports and Entertainment Lawyer of the Year’ this year.

READ MORE: Star lawyer Calli Tsipidis named as finalist for Australian Law Awards.

Calli Tsipidis won ‘Sports and Entertainment Lawyer of the Year’ this year.

The female lawyer tells The Greek Herald she’s “incredibly proud” to be recognised with the award and for her team “to have been named the ‘Sports and Entertainment Team of the Year’.”

“This award is a culmination of hard work, dedication, and is a testament to the power of working together to win together. None of this would have been possible without the encouragement and support of my wonderful family and friends, and of course my colleagues throughout the Foxtel Group family,” Tsipidis says. 

Tsipidis’ award.

“I am a firm believer in bringing your authentic and passionate self to work. I am truly grateful that I have the opportunity to do this everyday, and thankful to have been recognised by the legal community for upholding these values.”

These two females were up against a strong group of candidates this year, including other finalists such as Con Korkofigas from ASX, Jacqueline Panos from Billbergia Group (formerly Sydney Trains), Eidan Havas from The Entourage Effect, Anthony Katsanevas from Stanwell Corporation and Luana Melis from Time & Place.

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Latest News

Greece leads athlete parade along Seine at Paris Olympics’ historic opening ceremony

The Greek Olympic team led the athlete parade along the Seine River during the Paris Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday, July 26.

Grateful organ recipient Dimitri Tsekinis shares story of survival for DonateLife Week

A lifeline was handed not once but twice to 43-year-old Dimitri Tsekinis when he was the recipient of two organs.

2024 Odyssey Art Prize: GOCSA announces open call for visual artists

The Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia’s Odyssey Festival celebrates 17 years of presence in Adelaide's cultural scene this year.

Dr Phil Kafcaloudes to explore ‘going English’ in lecture on Greek migration

"In a name-proud Greek culture, the decision to anglicise one’s family name is a profound study in migratory and cultural dynamics," says Dr Kafcaloudes.

Peter Kiritsis sells million-dollar Adelaide home as grandfather gifts it to grandkids

An Adelaide grandfather has set a new standard for grandparent gifts by purchasing a 1960s-built home for his grandchildren at auction.

You May Also Like

Zeibekiko master Christos Shakallis: ‘I will show my soul on stage in Australia’

Christos Shakallis is expected to captivate the audience of Australia with his figures and his knowledge of this famous Zeibekiko dance.

Rare manuscript of Plato’s greatest works to be sold in online auction

A rare early Renaissance manuscript of two of Plato’s greatest dialogues, Phaedo and Gorgias, will be sold at an online auction for an estimated $200,000.

Mytilineos secures funding of solar power projects in NSW farms

Mytilineos’ solar power projects in New South Wales farms now has the support of two of the Big Four banks.