Two Australians of Greek heritage win in the prestigious LawyersWeekly Awards

·

The winners of the LawyersWeekly Corporate Counsel Summit & Awards 2022 have been announced and among the names are two Australians of Greek heritage – Elizabeth Tsitsikronis and Calli Tsipidis.

Elizabeth Tsitsikronis:

Tsitsikronis is a proud Aboriginal and Greek woman from the Yuin nation on the NSW south coast, and she was named ‘Government Lawyer of the Year’ for her work with the Department of Planning and Environment.

She tells The Greek Herald that being recognised for the award “is such an honour.”

Elizabeth Tsitsikronis was named ‘Government Lawyer of the Year’ for her work with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.

“I hope this serves as a demonstration to all that with determination, courage, and bravery you can make a difference and achieve great things, no matter who you are or where you have come from!” Tsitsikronis adds.

Calli Tsipidis:

Tsipidis offers legal counsel to Australia’s Foxtel Group and won ‘Sports and Entertainment Lawyer of the Year’ this year.

READ MORE: Star lawyer Calli Tsipidis named as finalist for Australian Law Awards.

Calli Tsipidis won ‘Sports and Entertainment Lawyer of the Year’ this year.

The female lawyer tells The Greek Herald she’s “incredibly proud” to be recognised with the award and for her team “to have been named the ‘Sports and Entertainment Team of the Year’.”

“This award is a culmination of hard work, dedication, and is a testament to the power of working together to win together. None of this would have been possible without the encouragement and support of my wonderful family and friends, and of course my colleagues throughout the Foxtel Group family,” Tsipidis says. 

Tsipidis’ award.

“I am a firm believer in bringing your authentic and passionate self to work. I am truly grateful that I have the opportunity to do this everyday, and thankful to have been recognised by the legal community for upholding these values.”

These two females were up against a strong group of candidates this year, including other finalists such as Con Korkofigas from ASX, Jacqueline Panos from Billbergia Group (formerly Sydney Trains), Eidan Havas from The Entourage Effect, Anthony Katsanevas from Stanwell Corporation and Luana Melis from Time & Place.

Monument to migration - Mother's Day

Advertisement

Share:

KEEP UP TO DATE WITH TGH

By subscribing you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Angelo Tsarouchas Skits and Wits tour

Advertisement

Latest News

‘Izzy the Jerusalem Donkey’: Helen Lakatos releases new kids book for Orthodox Easter

Helen Lakatos is a first generation Australian-born Cypriot, proud mum of two grown boys, and a loving yiayia of three grandchildren.

Kastellorizo and its gold: Nick Bogiatzis to give lecture in Melbourne

The Greek Community of Melbourne will present a lecture entitled "Kastellorizo and its Gold" at the Greek Centre, on Thursday

Greek olive oil excels with koroneiki and flavoured oils

The 2023 EVOO World Ranking (WR) listed 12 Greek extra virgin olive oils (EVOOs) among the world’s top 100

Most untouched beaches found in Mani, Karpathos and Syros

Eastern Mani in southern Greece and the islands of Karpathos and Syros have been identified as the regions having the most friendly beaches.

Last days to enjoy Herk Alexander’s Greek art exhibition in Sydney

On Saturday, April 20, Herk Alexander officially launched his art exhibition as part of the Greek Festival of Sydney.

You May Also Like

Greece’s first medicinal cannabis production plant opens in Corinth

Greece opened its first-ever pharmaceutical cannabis production plant in the Greek town of Examilia in Corinth on January 26 this year.

Greek community in Sydney mark 80th anniversary of the Kalavryta Holocaust

The Kalavryton Association Aghia Lavra gathered at Bankstown Greek Orthodox Church to mark the 80th anniversary of the Kalavryta Holocaust.

Inaugural Heart Health round in NSW is a game breaker

It’s hard not to feel emotional when you see the impact you make for the good of the community and the interest of the next generation.